Fenda Extendas are made in the the UK by Pyramid Plastics. They used the bike of a member of the UK CB board to make the prototype and he got his free!
Fenda Extendas are made in the the UK by Pyramid Plastics. They used the bike of a member of the UK CB board to make the prototype and he got his free!
That's the one I have on my bike.
A dealer in Canada stocked them when they became available from Pyramid, so that's where I got it.
I put it on with marine JB Weld and it will take dynamite to get it off.
Anyone use anything other than silicone to mount their fender extender? I used a silicone for metal and plastic. Let it set clamped for 24 hours. Seems really solid. A friend on mine installed one on his. Body shop tech told him silicone wouldn't last, so he also used two stainless steel nyloc screws and bolts. How'd you install yours?
Silicone most likely won't hold a bond over the long haul. It does not on boats and fittings.
I used 3m marine adhesive. Can't remember if I used the 4200 or 5200 as I have both laying around, but the fast cure is the way to go. BoatLife makes a good one too.
Others here have used epoxy of one sort or another. There are threads on it. Just keep an eye on yours and you'll be good.
I used some sort of urethane construction adhesive I had laying around. Bought it online in the US (one for the CB, one for the Griso which came with a couple plastic rivits to help hold it).