jtopiso_imp
Been there
Mine does not wobble, no matter if hands on or off.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This may be a personal problem......Houtman_imp said:My bike does not wobble but I do sometimes when I am off the bike...
ozigoo_imp said:Hmm...back to the drawing board...any 2010/11 Ausies out there with wobble or not?
I had never thought about this before but it is funny. The last ride I went on I had probably the most weight in the trunk I have ever carried and it was WOOOWOWOWOWOWOBBLY! I think you might have solved my problem. I'll take her out tomorrow with it off an see if that does the trick. THANK YOU!!!zirconxi_imp said:Did you drop the bike before? Or had a top box installed at the back?? If bike drop before, check for triple clamp and forks alignment, if installed a top box at the back, try setting the rear pre-load to harder setting...
Wow, I experienced a wobble (hands-free) and I do a have a top-box!zirconxi_imp said:Did you drop the bike before? Or had a top box installed at the back?? If bike drop before, check for triple clamp and forks alignment, if installed a top box at the back, try setting the rear pre-load to harder setting...
arkadiy_imp said:Wow, I experienced a wobble (hands-free) and I do a have a top-box!zirconxi_imp said:Did you drop the bike before? Or had a top box installed at the back?? If bike drop before, check for triple clamp and forks alignment, if installed a top box at the back, try setting the rear pre-load to harder setting...
Thank you so much for the tip!
I believe anything that we do that cause the bike's balance to be off will cause wobble. A top box is notorious for this because it not only cause air flow turbulence, but also the top box sit further away from the rear wheels, giving it more "lever action" (distance x weight) compare to side box which sit near to the rear wheel. The only pro of top box compare to side box is the convenient of it, and top box no need to balance out the load compare to side box. Putting more pre-load to rear might help mitigate this top box problem because the weight will shift further up front. Top box are popular here in my place (legal to lane split) and we tend to put the preload to the max to maintain the bike stability with top box.HerkyFred_imp said:I had never thought about this before but it is funny. The last ride I went on I had probably the most weight in the trunk I have ever carried and it was WOOOWOWOWOWOWOBBLY! I think you might have solved my problem. I'll take her out tomorrow with it off an see if that does the trick. THANK YOU!!!zirconxi_imp said:Did you drop the bike before? Or had a top box installed at the back?? If bike drop before, check for triple clamp and forks alignment, if installed a top box at the back, try setting the rear pre-load to harder setting...