Front brake Lines

Swartzracer_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Can any one steer me in the right direction to where to get new front brake lines made? It seems they are all one piece from the front master cylinder to the calipers. I would like to add length to them.
 
Huladog_imp said:
Spiegler USA can make custom lines.

Custom Brake Lines | Motorcycle Brake Lines | Spiegler

Galfer USA site says they also make custom lines but web page not complete like the Spiegler site.

Aloha,
Huladog


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I haven't checked, but I believe Galfer has an order sheet you can download to specify what you want/need and then fax back to them. I have Spiegler lines on my CBR and they are fantastic.

Also, Spiegler has a kit for the CB1100: http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/spiegler-honda-cb1100-13-front-brake-line-kit-simlar-orig/

They also have for the rear and clutch.
 
I had longer lines done at a local shop. The challenge was that they couldn't get the "one into two" setup like the original because the lines are pretty much sealed to that Y splitter in the middle. So I now have two lines running from the master cylinder to the brakes. Works fine, but not as elegant. I hope you can find a better solution.
 
Every custom line maker told me 2 years ago that y splitter was not possible, so had to do the two lines from master.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
Cool. Wish I'd have seen that a few months ago. Oh well. This setup is getting the job done.
 
wiredgeorge_imp said:
How did you come off the front master cylinder with two brake lines (one for each side)??
They make banjo (?) end thingies that can be stacked, so there are two coming off the master cylinder. As I say, not elegant, but it works. I'll take a photo tomorrow when I'm futzing with the throttle cables.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
wiredgeorge_imp said:
How did you come off the front master cylinder with two brake lines (one for each side)??
They make banjo (?) end thingies that can be stacked, so there are two coming off the master cylinder. As I say, not elegant, but it works. I'll take a photo tomorrow when I'm futzing with the throttle cables.
They make banjo (?) end thingies that can be stacked, so there are two coming off the master cylinder. As I say, not elegant, but it works. I'll take a photo tomorrow when I'm futzing with the throttle cables.
Thanks Bob... never seen one of those arrangements.
 
Back
Top