From mountains to the sea...

Well done, MG. Great report, video and soundtrack. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Well done, MG. Great report, video and soundtrack. :thumbsup:
Thank you Cormanus! Did watching my video make you want to shop at Macy's? If so, it had the intended effect. Haha.
The ferret_imp said:
Thought about this thread last night when I was watching TV and a Macy's commercial came on about perfume accompanied by "All along the watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix

Bleu de Chanel TV Spot, 'The Film' Song by Jimi Hendrix
I refuse, on principle alone, to click on that link! I hope the Hendrix estate is being paid extremely well but what a shame. Look what it's done. Now my moving video is inextricably connected to perfume. And it isn't even the same song!
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Well done, MG. Great report, video and soundtrack. :thumbsup:
Thank you Cormanus! Did watching my video make you want to shop at Macy's? If so, it had the intended effect. Haha.
The ferret_imp said:
Thought about this thread last night when I was watching TV and a Macy's commercial came on about perfume accompanied by "All along the watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix

Bleu de Chanel TV Spot, 'The Film' Song by Jimi Hendrix
I refuse, on principle alone, to click on that link! I hope the Hendrix estate is being paid extremely well but what a shame. Look what it's done. Now my moving video is inextricably connected to perfume. And it isn't even the same song!
Thank you Cormanus! Did watching my video make you want to shop at Macy's? If so, it had the intended effect.
No. But maybe that's because, as far as I know, Macy's hasn't made it to Australia. I'm also not aware of any Australia advertisement using Hendrix as a backing track.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Well done, MG. Great report, video and soundtrack. :thumbsup:
Thank you Cormanus! Did watching my video make you want to shop at Macy's? If so, it had the intended effect. Haha.
The ferret_imp said:
Thought about this thread last night when I was watching TV and a Macy's commercial came on about perfume accompanied by "All along the watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix

Bleu de Chanel TV Spot, 'The Film' Song by Jimi Hendrix
I refuse, on principle alone, to click on that link! I hope the Hendrix estate is being paid extremely well but what a shame. Look what it's done. Now my moving video is inextricably connected to perfume. And it isn't even the same song!
Jimi's estate is using the best words I can here "messed up". He died at 27. left no will. Had fathered 2 children out of wed lock. The estate had been in and out of court since his death. Last I heard his step sister (daughter of the woman his father married in 1968) was in charge of the whole shebang and having a grand time spending the money.
 
At least someone's happy.
 
How did I miss this thread?

Great video (and soundtrack) and write up, MG.

I probably should get a video cam, but for now I'm sticking with the camera-on-a-lanyard method.--kids in college and all that rot.

Off to ride along Chicago's coast now. Sea you later ;)
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
How did I miss this thread?

Great video (and soundtrack) and write up, MG.

I probably should get a video cam, but for now I'm sticking with the camera-on-a-lanyard method.--kids in college and all that rot.

Off to ride along Chicago's coast now. Sea you later ;)
Thanks MTC. Having a video cam on my helmet is easy for me. I'm not sure I share the coordination you and the ferret have demonstrated with the camera on a lanyard trick.
 
Back
Top