Friendly reminder: this bike weights A LOT

franov_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
as the title says.. always keep that in mind ! today, while putting it on the center stand, a wasp decided to buzz around my face: that was enough for me to get distracted and it was a matter of a second, i dropped it on my car.

luckily, I managed to slow down the fall using all the force (and desperation :D) i had in my body, and the bike just ended with the handlebar and brake lever leaning on the car's side panel, but its weight was enough to do the damages you can see to the pain job: not a major issue, the insurance will pay for that.

Wonder if RLETS would have avoided, or at least cushion all of that !

Also, taking it back straight was a pain in the a**, I will never distract again !

So, pay attention my friends, once you lose the control of the weight it can cause serious problems !!
 
Ouch! You are now a member of the fabled Garage Rash club.

I learned the dangers of distraction long ago. I had just pulled my very heavy Honda VTX into the garage, and was momentarily distracted by a passing neighbor who said hello. I failed to lower the sidestand, and started to dismount the bike. As it started to follow me, I realized my mistake. Luckily, I cushioned the bike's fall with my body.
And, luckily my neighbor was still within earshot when I let out a yelp as I went under it.

That episode taught me to concentrate fully during mount/dismount, no matter what.
 
Ouch major bummer. Hope you were not injured in the process.
 
Thread starter
both the bike and myself are completely ok! it fell very slowly on the car and it was kept standing by me and by my car, leaning on it with just the handlebar end and brake lever, which didn't even had a dent on them.

sadly I cannot tell the same of the car paint job ..
 
Yeah, I’m in the garage drop club too...
 
So lucky to read these stories and nobody got "stabbed in the eye" by a shovel hanging nail or a garage tool as the bike monster pushed its master into the tight space.
 
Welcome to the club franc. I'm glad you weren't hurt. Bikes and cars recover well.

As for you, Whoops ... great effort (in the other thread).
 
Thread starter
as already said to Whoops in the other thread, you're going to burn in heades for your photoshop !! :D :D

and to @Houtman: I hope the wasp will have diarrhea for the rest of its life !!
 
The Service Manual lists the kerb weight of the 2013 CB1100 as 245kg (540lb). The ABS model is 4kg (9lb) heavier.
 
franov_imp said:
as already said to Whoops in the other thread, you're going to burn in heades for your photoshop !! :D :D

and to @Houtman: I hope the wasp will have diarrhea for the rest of its life !!
Most definitely. Though Karma and I broke up a loooong time ago.
 
Back
Top