Freddie Spencer On a Bad Seed CB1100

Thread starter
I want my cb to look like that as well. Looking to get new mirrors for the bike and found out that the Triumph street triple and speed triple aftermarket mirrors will fit our bikes, So I might get some rizomas on mine.
 
funny video. it would have been nice if they had been able to show some street riding technique that shows speed by finesse..

Legend has it that in the 80s there was some national caliber road (track) racer that would occasionally haunt backroads on a Harley SuperGlide and that many a 'sport bike' rider found out that it isn't always the bike that makes a fast rider. I would have loved to have seen instances of that !
 
ApathyCurve_imp said:
Heh. Glad to see Freddie is still kickin' it. He was the champ when I was a teen, which was... um... a while ago.

Shoot I was 11 when he was born!
 
Anyone know if there is a place to source some of those parts? Specifically I'm looking for that fender eliminator and the turn signals.
 
lola_imp said:
Been through his school twice. That guy can ride. Effin' unreal. He did these corner drills where we'd all walk out to the track and he'd come flying by about five feet away from us, knee and pegs skimming the pavement, on an 800 Interceptor. He is so smooth it is impossible to describe unless you see it for yourself up close. He'd lead each student around the track for a couple of laps. I remember thinking, dang, Freddie Spencer is giving me a riding lesson...

Pretty cool guy, too. The first school to use onboard data acquisition, like throttle position, lean angle, track maps generated by inertial guidance systems (this was pre-GPS, guys and gals), brakes on/off, bike speed. Half the time half the stuff didn't work but when it did, it gave some good info.
 
ZRXman01_imp said:
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to install a set of Ohlins rear shocks on this bike.....

:)
That is on my list of things to do this year. I am certain it will improve the handling dramatically.
This video brings a smile to my face every time I watch it. That was the golden age.
 
ZRXman01_imp said:
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to install a set of Ohlins rear shocks on this bike.....

:)
It would take about 10 minutes. That's 1 minute to write a check for $1500.00 to buy a pair of the piggyback Ohlin's Freddie Spencer has on that CB11 and 9 minutes to bolt them on. I want a pair like that, yellow springs and all.

Chip
 
I hope Penske steps up and begins offering shocks for the CB1100, they make great stuff and the price might be slightly lower than Ohlins.
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
ZRXman01_imp said:
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to install a set of Ohlins rear shocks on this bike.....

:)
It would take about 10 minutes. That's 1 minute to write a check for $1500.00 to buy a pair of the piggyback Ohlin's Freddie Spencer has on that CB11 and 9 minutes to bolt them on. I want a pair like that, yellow springs and all.

Chip
Finger on the trigger!!! Now if I can only get the bank to let me skip a mortgage payment. :idea:
 
jodyz_imp said:
ChipBeck_imp said:
ZRXman01_imp said:
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to install a set of Ohlins rear shocks on this bike.....

:)
It would take about 10 minutes. That's 1 minute to write a check for $1500.00 to buy a pair of the piggyback Ohlin's Freddie Spencer has on that CB11 and 9 minutes to bolt them on. I want a pair like that, yellow springs and all.

Chip
Finger on the trigger!!! Now if I can only get the bank to let me skip a mortgage payment. :idea:
Finger on the trigger!!! Now if I can only get the bank to let me skip a mortgage payment. :idea:
Did you explain to the bank that you have a new motorcycle that needs expensive customization? Usually if they understand that there is a situation like medical emergency, natural disaster, accessory/upgrade list, they'll work with you.
 
WHY I always feel the urge to throw another $10K++ in fancy aftermarket goodies to a
$10K bike is beyond most but is apparently in my DNA.....

I must MOD!!!!
 
ZRXman01_imp said:
WHY I always feel the urge to throw another $10K++ in fancy aftermarket goodies to a
$10K bike is beyond most but is apparently in my DNA.....

I must MOD!!!!
There is a scientific term for the type of person who would do that.

They are called............men.

Chip
 
Back
Top