the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
...as far as riding the CB in cold weather. Went for my daily ride this morning. Chose to ride the CB as it hadn't been getting much love lately since the snow last week. Temperature was a damp 28 degrees, overcast with light snow flurries coming down. Thought I was dressing warm enough. Donned the snowmobile outfit, my thickest cold weather gloves and heavy balaclava with the neoprene face mask.
At 9 miles my finger tips were starting to get cold. At 11 miles they were really cold, at 13 miles they were starting to hurt, and at a stop sign I reached down and grabbed the cylinder fins on each side of the motor to warm them up some. I circled around back towards the house. At 18 miles my finger tips were aching. At 21 miles I was back in the garage, thankful to be out of this stinking cold.
I rode the ST 108 miles yesterday, but it has a full fairing/windshield, and I had my electric jacket liner and glove liners plugged in. What a difference.
Poor CB may be doing more sitting than being ridden in the next few months unless the temps moderate some
I did order 2 new tires for it yesterday

At 9 miles my finger tips were starting to get cold. At 11 miles they were really cold, at 13 miles they were starting to hurt, and at a stop sign I reached down and grabbed the cylinder fins on each side of the motor to warm them up some. I circled around back towards the house. At 18 miles my finger tips were aching. At 21 miles I was back in the garage, thankful to be out of this stinking cold.
I rode the ST 108 miles yesterday, but it has a full fairing/windshield, and I had my electric jacket liner and glove liners plugged in. What a difference.
Poor CB may be doing more sitting than being ridden in the next few months unless the temps moderate some

I did order 2 new tires for it yesterday



.