Forum Coffee Table Book?

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
I just read a complimentary post to Tink from Mentalyguitarded suggesting that he publish a coffee table book with his wonderful pictures. I agree with MG's assessment of Tink's work and it got me a-wonderin' ....

Would folks be interested in purchasing a hard cover photo book of pictures of Forum members, their bikes, and the beautiful destinations they have visited?

I don't know much about how to do this yet, but my nephew has "published" several of these to commemorate various events in his life so I could pick his brain on how to do it. A very quick web search tells me that we could set it up so folks could go online to make the purchase.

If there's enough interest in purchasing something like this (looks like the cost is in the $30-$35 range, but I didn't look very hard for the best price yet), and IF folks are willing to have their photos used (I'd probably have members contribute a few of their faves via email or something), I'd be willing to put something together. I'd also be perfectly willing to let someone else with more experience take charge of this.

Let me know your thoughts.

Matt
 
I'm definitely interested. I think it's a great idea. And no offense taken Classic but, the fact that I own the bike is exactly the reason I'd want to have a picture book about it. And not just that, it's about the forum members and the different locales throughout the world. I know the idea is just germinating but it can be something as simple as a bunch of photos or something more in depth with photos, bios, favorite roads, etc.

My vote: Yes.
 
I would love to see that book published.
Of all the bikes I ever owned I always buy all the magazines with articles about that bike and any books written about them.
Also collect all the brochures and sales material, posters etc. etc.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I would love to see that book published.
Of all the bikes I ever owned I always buy all the magazines with articles about that bike and any books written about them.
Also collect all the brochures and sales material, posters etc. etc.

Me too Houtman, I think I have every magazine review about the CB 1100 except one by MCN that a buddy of mine was supposed to save for me but lost it.
 
There are several self publishing options out there, like blurb.com where one can "publish" a book, but only books actually bought are printed and shipped.
 
One of the self-publishing sites is a great idea. It means ES, or some other member interested in the project, could have all the fun of pulling it together without being exposed to the risk that not enough people buy the book. Any one interested could simply order and pay for a copy.
 
Thread starter
Seems like there's at least a few interested. Give me a week or so to get my thoughts together on which site to use, how many pics I'd need, and the cost. Then we can decide on how to proceed. Thanks for the input.

Ohh..and this is important....if I publish this thing, I will be selling at the publisher's cost. No profit of any kind will be added to your cost.
 
gossman_imp said:
I just walk out with a cup of coffee into the garage and look at my CB
I've tried that. Doesn't work. I walk into the garage with a cup of coffee and stare at the CB. I notice a bit of dust on the tank. Some Pledge on a microfiber towel takes care of that easy enough. Hmmm, I haven't checked the oil in a while. That looks good. I should probably clean that chain like I've been meaning to. It's probably best if I warm up the chain first. A quick trip around the block should be enough. Man, this feels great. What a motorcycle. I bet there isn't much traffic on the 94 at this time of morning. I better go check it out. For future reference.

Isn't it great that motorcycles now have fuel gauges. And clocks. Clocks! Can that really be the time?! Told my wife I was stepping outside to get the paper and to bring her some coffee! How do I explain it this time? I know, I'll just tell her Gossman said, "Grab some coffee, stare at your bike, don't bother with a coffee table book." I'll be sleeping in the guest room again tonight. It's just not worth the risk. Get the darn book Gossman.
 
Ferret , you probably mean the article in Motor Cycle Consumers News, this is probably the best motorcycle magazine ther is and you should be able to get a back issue with the articles .
They had an article in two of their magazines.
 
That could be fun, especially if it's done up at least semi-professionally, and the photos are reproduced in a good, clear quality.
I don't ask for much, really. :D
 
Back
Top