Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

yeah, those old Busas that would go 192 were pure insanity. What a relief that it was brought down to 186.The ferret_imp said:Lol there are bikes out there so much more powerful than this it is almost inconceivable how someone can ride one not on a racetrack. Once they got over 125 horsepower they were effectively too powerful for me. There are some now approaching 200 horsepower. Street bikes. That is insane. Luckily they are all speed limited to only 186 mph![]()
In the vast majority of cases, seal leaks develop gradually. In those cases you can continue to ride, just make sure it's not leaking on the brake.Jim21680_imp said:Regarding fork seal failures...what exactly happens when this occurs? Does the fork lose compression and gradually lower the front end? Or does it just lose all it's damping ability, etc?
I'm only curious about the consequences: If you're out on a ride, far from home, can you continue to ride the bike?
yeah, those old Busas that would go 192 were pure insanity. What a relief that it was brought down to 186. Yes, we can all rest easy now.Deanohh_imp said:yeah, those old Busas that would go 192 were pure insanity. What a relief that it was brought down to 186.The ferret_imp said:Lol there are bikes out there so much more powerful than this it is almost inconceivable how someone can ride one not on a racetrack. Once they got over 125 horsepower they were effectively too powerful for me. There are some now approaching 200 horsepower. Street bikes. That is insane. Luckily they are all speed limited to only 186 mph![]()
It also tops out at 110 mph before the !/4 mi.shdwghst457_imp said:According to this page the CB1100 is plenty fast
List of fastest production motorcycles by acceleration - Wikipedia
Although our bike hasn't been added to this page yet. We're at 3.3 seconds to 60 and 11.79 in the quarter mile!
I think I might have one lying about somewhere if you want to make me an offer.Deanohh_imp said:In the past I've seen a strip of camera negatives used for that. But I haven't seen camera film for 30 years.

That's actually what I started using on my Shadow until a piece broke off and stayed down in the strut. I found the feeler gauge was much more durable.Deanohh_imp said:In the past I've seen a strip of camera negatives used for that. But I haven't seen camera film for 30 years.


Unfortunately that adds a new set of problems. They have a tendency to trap moisture and create corrosion.Mad Max_imp said:Maybe a couple of fork gaiters could solve the problem.
Adding a bit of classic look too.
![]()