Fork height through top yoke - MY2017 and on

Tev62

Road warrior
Thread starter
Can anyone tell me how far the forks should be protruding through the top yoke? While cleaning the bike today I sensed a slight discrepancy and thought to investigate. After measuring them they were 1.5mm different. One was 4.5mm and the other 6mm. This measurement is from the side at 90 deg to the bike. :huh:

 
when you buy the CB1100 ex 2015 Spain; The first thing I did was: change the front suspension oil at one of the best ohlins mechanics in my city (factory suspension); and valves. he told me it was low on oil and the springs are not the same. curious. But the effect when putting 15w oil (it has 10w as standard) was immediate for the better. this next month I would put the ohlins STX36 shock absorbers .. without gas tank (yellow is horrible) and it is the same benefit. maybe that's why it takes a different measure
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
When I put gaiters on my '14 CB1100, I found my forks were flush with the yolks.
When I fitted the gaiters to my 2014 I made sure the tubes went back exactly the way the bike came from the factory.
They protruded very little - about 2mm so I went with that.
 
I am a large size, 120 kg and 1.87; and the suspension must be adjusted to the weight of the pilot and possible companion; that's why I have adjusted it. brakes better; does not bounce .... the bikes are adjusted for average men's weights; 80 kg ... you can see that the Japanese are like that
 
The 2017 may, of course, be different, but the 2013 Service manual says the tops of the forks should be aligned with the upper surface of the top bridge. In the photos it looks like they might be about 1mm proud. There’s no mention of difference.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
The 2017 may, of course, be different, but the 2013 Service manual says the tops of the forks should be aligned with the upper surface of the top bridge. In the photos it looks like they might be about 1mm proud. There’s no mention of difference.
I'll run with that, thankyou sir.
 
You're welcome. Someone with a 2017 manual can probably give you torque values if you need them.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
You're welcome. Someone with a 2017 manual can probably give you torque values if you need them.
That would be helpful if anyone has them.
 
Back
Top