Fork gaitors on E bay.

hondadownunder_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Am looking at getting a set of the Kawasaki gaitors for the CB. Can anyone recommend a good E bay seller ? Just got quoted 174 NZ dollars EACH
 
The Triumph Bonneville fork gaiters also fit, and look and feel the same. They are far more affordable BUT you must be careful to get only the OEM ones from Triumph. Cheaper imitations are made of rubber, not plastic, and split and rot out quicker. The ones on my 2004 Bonnie are still perfect.

Beware when sellers say "replacement" for A9638018 - those are the crappy ones.
These are the real ones. Part number A9638018, available for $50 in a boxed set with clamps.

 
I too have the Triumph gaiters that came from a Triumph dealer and they are well made. The Triumph name is not on then so who would know where they came from.
 
If you can collect in person any Triumph dealer can order them for you which should save a load of postage.
 
Maybe I am wrong, but the top shelf gaiters, like from Kawasaki and Triumph, are a rubber composite (or was it pure industrial rubber?) that outperforms the plastic alternatives. They are not cheap $$$, but worth the investment since they appear to last. I had the Kawasaki offering installed on the 2014 CB1100 and the bike was not sheltered from the sun day in and day out Monday through Friday in the profuse, hot, humid and blazing summer sun for years.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Maybe I am wrong, but the top shelf gaiters, like from Kawasaki and Triumph, are a rubber composite (or was it pure industrial rubber?) that outperforms the plastic alternatives. They are not cheap $$$, but worth the investment since they appear to last. I had the Kawasaki offering installed on the 2014 CB1100 and the bike was not sheltered from the sun day in and day out Monday through Friday in the profuse, hot, humid and blazing summer sun for years.
GO, not sure exactly what they're made of, as they're shinier than rubber and more durable, but still very tough and flexible. Likely a combination. The real rubber ones I had on my old Triumphs and BSAs would only last a couple years before they would dry out and split at the folds.
 
Thread starter
Eventually got a set off Italian Pro Grip Triumph gaitors. NZ$60 so THAT was better and worth a shot. Not got a workshop manual yet so just need to find torque settings for pinch bolts etc then can get those fitted.
 
084545c185b807e4a736e0d77e45c6df.jpg

Posted by the ferret during his step-by-step fork boot installation on his DLX.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Not according to everybody on here ? Fitted the Triumph ones. THEY LOOK LIKE CRAP,
still they'll do the job until I find something else.
 
hondadownunder_imp said:
Not according to everybody on here ? Fitted the Triumph ones. THEY LOOK LIKE CRAP,
still they'll do the job until I find something else.
What looks bad about the Triumph ones?

Samurider carries them also. Not sure who makes them, but they sell them as part of their K10 kit or separately. I'm assuming that they look good in real life, though I've not seen them in person.
 
Kawasaki P/N 49006-1335 looks good, works and lasts on the '13 & '14 Honda CB1100.

I found the product was very durable years in direct sunshine every day in the hot summers. I detected no cracking and I did not treat the gaiters with any chemical products.
 
Installed the Kawasaki fork boots on both ‘14 STD and DLX. Great fit and a quality part.
3f22bc9e373963b87b9520dbf0be8a20.jpg

7d8ae82a78425c21a487ccb845499991.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top