Fork Gaiters

I used Kawasaki OEM Part 49006-1335 and the fit 'n' finish was very good and durable after all day sunshine, everyday. Never had to treat them with any protectant.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I used Kawasaki OEM Part 49006-1335 and the fit 'n' finish was very good and durable after all day sunshine, everyday. Never had to treat them with any protectant.
I hit mine with some armor all just to be preventative :) gives it that glossy rubber look lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
I got mine off Amazon for a 41mm fork. They work fine $40. They look like they were made for a Sportster but I like them....
 
I am getting interested in these gaiters! I found some cheaper (than OEM Kawa) options on the interweb. The top I should look at is 41mm - but can someone tell me what the diameter is of the bottom? And the length?
 
Mine are already on the bike so it wouldn't be possible to stretch it out on the fork to get a length measurement for you. However this is the exact listing I ordered.. for 24$ by the time you measure the diameters for something cheaper it could already be shipped to ya ;). https://www.ebay.com/itm/162276226225
20027b1ff4bb6283eaeb8e482956700c.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Those gaiters on my bike
b26edd9840f0babfed12f5791f21aac7.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Aside from looks they will also help keep those fork seals cleaner for longer, before I installed i made sure I wiped the fork tube down with some corrosion inhibiter. However it had a great seal to the fork to keep water out, they have a hole at the bottom to allow any moisture to drain out though as a fail safe.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Rocky_imp said:
Triumph gaiters are what I installed on my CB - and my Triumph too
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
mvk24_imp said:
Mine are already on the bike so it wouldn't be possible to stretch it out on the fork to get a length measurement for you. However this is the exact listing I ordered.. for 24$ by the time you measure the diameters for something cheaper it could already be shipped to ya ;). https://www.ebay.com/itm/162276226225
20027b1ff4bb6283eaeb8e482956700c.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Those gaiters on my bike
b26edd9840f0babfed12f5791f21aac7.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Aside from looks they will also help keep those fork seals cleaner for longer, before I installed i made sure I wiped the fork tube down with some corrosion inhibiter. However it had a great seal to the fork to keep water out, they have a hole at the bottom to allow any moisture to drain out though as a fail safe.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info! The only issue I see is that I would have to pay more for shipping than for the gaiters! :s

f1bd68281b9fde38fb709edfcd4a21b9.jpg
 
bioman_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Mine are already on the bike so it wouldn't be possible to stretch it out on the fork to get a length measurement for you. However this is the exact listing I ordered.. for 24$ by the time you measure the diameters for something cheaper it could already be shipped to ya ;). https://www.ebay.com/itm/162276226225
20027b1ff4bb6283eaeb8e482956700c.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Those gaiters on my bike
b26edd9840f0babfed12f5791f21aac7.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Aside from looks they will also help keep those fork seals cleaner for longer, before I installed i made sure I wiped the fork tube down with some corrosion inhibiter. However it had a great seal to the fork to keep water out, they have a hole at the bottom to allow any moisture to drain out though as a fail safe.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info! The only issue I see is that I would have to pay more for shipping than for the gaiters! :s

f1bd68281b9fde38fb709edfcd4a21b9.jpg
Thanks for the info! The only issue I see is that I would have to pay more for shipping than for the gaiters! :s

010c511719a33c81108545294ea33e39.jpg
Ah, sorry I forgot about the different locations we live.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
mvk24_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Triumph gaiters are what I installed on my CB - and my Triumph too
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
The tank pads were cut from magnetic sheets I bought from MagKnight.
A few years ago one of the members here posted a pattern and I used that as my guide.
They stick in place very well and have never moved.
 
Rocky_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Triumph gaiters are what I installed on my CB - and my Triumph too
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
The tank pads were cut from magnetic sheets I bought from MagKnight.
A few years ago one of the members here posted a pattern and I used that as my guide.
They stick in place very well and have never moved.
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
The tank pads were cut from magnetic sheets I bought from MagKnight.
A few years ago one of the members here posted a pattern and I used that as my guide.
They stick in place very well and have never moved. Thats a cool idea, where did you get the Magnetic sheets?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
mvk24_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Triumph gaiters are what I installed on my CB - and my Triumph too
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
The tank pads were cut from magnetic sheets I bought from MagKnight.
A few years ago one of the members here posted a pattern and I used that as my guide.
They stick in place very well and have never moved.
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
The tank pads were cut from magnetic sheets I bought from MagKnight.
A few years ago one of the members here posted a pattern and I used that as my guide.
They stick in place very well and have never moved. Thats a cool idea, where did you get the Magnetic sheets?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
The tank pads were cut from magnetic sheets I bought from MagKnight.
A few years ago one of the members here posted a pattern and I used that as my guide.
They stick in place very well and have never moved. Thats a cool idea, where did you get the Magnetic sheets?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Google MagKnight. They have a lot of interesting products.
 
Rocky_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Triumph gaiters are what I installed on my CB - and my Triumph too
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
The tank pads were cut from magnetic sheets I bought from MagKnight.
A few years ago one of the members here posted a pattern and I used that as my guide.
They stick in place very well and have never moved.
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
The tank pads were cut from magnetic sheets I bought from MagKnight.
A few years ago one of the members here posted a pattern and I used that as my guide.
They stick in place very well and have never moved. Thats a cool idea, where did you get the Magnetic sheets?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
The tank pads were cut from magnetic sheets I bought from MagKnight.
A few years ago one of the members here posted a pattern and I used that as my guide.
They stick in place very well and have never moved. Thats a cool idea, where did you get the Magnetic sheets?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Google MagKnight. They have a lot of interesting products.
How do you like the tank pads? I was thinking of getting them for mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
The tank pads were cut from magnetic sheets I bought from MagKnight.
A few years ago one of the members here posted a pattern and I used that as my guide.
They stick in place very well and have never moved. Thats a cool idea, where did you get the Magnetic sheets?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Google MagKnight. They have a lot of interesting products. Will do, thank you

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top