Fork Boots aka Gaiters

WOW, they look great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Only an hour to dis-assemble and assemble the front end! That's very good time. I'm impressed!
How did you support the bike with the wheel and fork leg off?
 
Thread starter
Rocky, bike was on ceneterstand then took off the seat and used tie downs at the rear around under the work bench holding the back end down (and therefore front end up), but it could have been done with a board and jack under the motor.
 
Did you remove brakes, then wheel, then each fork tube? Or did you remove brakes , and then pull fork tubes with wheel as one assembly?

Any detailed instructions how to?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Elipten I took a few pics along the way and will try and put something together, but yes had to loosen front axle pinch bolts, remove front axle nut, remove front axle, remove front wheel, slide off both brake calipers, remove both hydraulic hose stays, remove abs contact, remove front fender, then remove each fork leg one at a time and install gaiter. Then reinstall 1 fork leg, and then do other fork leg, then reassemble. Wasn't difficult, hardest part was removing and reinstalling the abs sensor since I have never messed with one before, and din't pay enough attention to order of removing the sensor wire. Had to re-remove front wheel during reassembly because sensor wire had to be installed before wheel could be installed and I didn't realize that.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Elipten I took a few pics along the way and will try and put something together, but yes had to loosen front axle pinch bolts, remove front axle nut, remove front axle, remove front wheel, slide off both brake calipers, remove both hydraulic hose stays, remove abs contact, remove front fender, then remove each fork leg one at a time and install gaiter. Then reinstall 1 fork leg, and then do other fork leg, then reassemble. Wasn't difficult, hardest part was removing and reinstalling the abs sensor since I have never messed with one before, and din't pay enough attention to order of removing the sensor wire. Had to re-remove front wheel during reassembly because sensor wire had to be installed before wheel could be installed and I didn't realize that.
I put gaiters on my Triumph T100 last winter and that's pretty much the routine - except for the ABS.
I really like the look and next winter during our nearly six month winter layup, I may do the CB too.
 
Back
Top