For those with Dart screens...

SoxVol_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I have a 2014 Deluxe and just added a Dart screen. Problem is, the top two fasteners just slightly touch the gauges, which vibrates the screen and creates an annoying buzz at higher revs.

For those with screens, how much clearance do you have between the fasteners and gauges? Thanks in advance.
 
How long ago did you buy yours? I think the first iteration of this did not take into account the revised headlamp brackets on the 2014s. I'd email Steve at Dart and see if he can fix you up. You may just need some different brackets.
 
Or:

I had the same problem. I cut two tiny strips of thick double sided tape and put them at the contact points. They can't be seen unless you're looking for them and they solved the problem. Bob's your Uncle, job done, bangers and mash, snorkers, good-o, etc.
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
Or:

I had the same problem. I cut two tiny strips of thick double sided tape and put them at the contact points. They can't be seen unless you're looking for them and they solved the problem. Bob's your Uncle, job done, bangers and mash, snorkers, good-o, etc.
Thanks. Looking into it today. May try to reinstall, being careful to keep the screen away from the gauges while tightening the fasteners. In any event, good advice all-around- appreciate it.
 
Slightly elongating the rear bracket holes will allow fitting at a different angle. I did this as a stop gap until Steve sent redesigned brackets.

Cheers.
 
Back
Top