White Dog_imp
Been there
Thread starter
I have the Honda engine guards coming. Has anyone ever attached highway pegs to the guards? If so, what brand? Price? Vendor? Any pics?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


Great pics and thanks for the quick response. Can you tell me the diameter of the guards and are they both the same diameter?geosar_imp said:I have Honda brand engine guards and found some foot pegs in a box of parts. I have no idea what brand the pegs are but they are simple and seem to match the rear pegs. I suspect any U-clamp attachment peg will work.
The pegs work well. The bike is smaller than a regular cruiser so at 6'2" I cannot stretch out fully with my feet on the pegs. How ever I can place my legs on top of the pegs to stretch out.
[url=http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/geosar69/media/IMG_0550.jpg.html]
Dang. I should have taken the ones off my cruiser before I traded and could have used them on the CB1100.redbirds_imp said:these foot peg clamps from Twisted Throttle are nice if a bit pricey.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/foot...h-0-85-21mm-to-1-125-28mm-diameter-pair-black
I found those last night and ordered a set. Looks like several others did the same. Five pair sold in the past 24 hours.geosar_imp said:I have never seen them before. They have the conical spacers, and a bolt goes directly into the peg. I used lock-tite and some force and so far the pegs do not rotate. The steps on the spacers seem to give them some grip.
Late addition-look what I found:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGHWAY-MOT...niversal-/291398263576?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
Have to love the internet. I simply typed: "U clamp highway pegs"
I found the same pegs on Amazon. Ordered them today.White Dog_imp said:I found those last night and ordered a set. Looks like several others did the same. Five pair sold in the past 24 hours.geosar_imp said:I have never seen them before. They have the conical spacers, and a bolt goes directly into the peg. I used lock-tite and some force and so far the pegs do not rotate. The steps on the spacers seem to give them some grip.
Late addition-look what I found:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGHWAY-MOT...niversal-/291398263576?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
Have to love the internet. I simply typed: "U clamp highway pegs"
Flynrider_imp said:I found the same pegs on Amazon. Ordered them today.White Dog_imp said:I found those last night and ordered a set. Looks like several others did the same. Five pair sold in the past 24 hours.geosar_imp said:I have never seen them before. They have the conical spacers, and a bolt goes directly into the peg. I used lock-tite and some force and so far the pegs do not rotate. The steps on the spacers seem to give them some grip.
Late addition-look what I found:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGHWAY-MOT...niversal-/291398263576?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
Have to love the internet. I simply typed: "U clamp highway pegs"
http://www.amazon.com/Drag-Specialties-F...141&sr=8-1
White Dog_imp said:Flynrider_imp said:I found the same pegs on Amazon. Ordered them today.White Dog_imp said:I found those last night and ordered a set. Looks like several others did the same. Five pair sold in the past 24 hours.geosar_imp said:I have never seen them before. They have the conical spacers, and a bolt goes directly into the peg. I used lock-tite and some force and so far the pegs do not rotate. The steps on the spacers seem to give them some grip.
Late addition-look what I found:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGHWAY-MOT...niversal-/291398263576?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
Have to love the internet. I simply typed: "U clamp highway pegs"
http://www.amazon.com/Drag-Specialties-F...141&sr=8-1
I found the same pegs on Amazon. Ordered them today.
[url=http://www.amazon.com/Drag-Specialties-Foot-Rubber-Inlay/dp/B000GU5IUQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426989141&sr=8-1]http://www.amazon.com/Drag-Specialties-F...141&sr=8-1
Hmm. Mine came in a "Bike Master" package, purchased from ebay vendor Orange Cycle Parts.
Update request:mmatthews_imp said:I put on a set of SW-Motech guards, with a set MFW foot pegs. I ordered from Twisted Throttle. I've had no issues with pegs getting loose. Everything installed easily. Fit and finish is very nice. Very happy with them. I'm 6'-4". It's nice to be able to change my leg position.
![]()
![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes; I put them on my '14 standard, the black sw bars and then hiway pegs that fold up. Summer of 2017 I did an Oregon-Illinois trip and back over 3 weeks. If I had to guess, I probably used the hiway pegs less than 5% of my riding time over the 5k some miles. But when I did need a different riding position, I was very happy to have the leg room. I ended up trading that bike in due to the infamous high/low idle issues. I should have taken off the hiway pegs and sw bars before the trade-in, but at the time I wasn't thinking about purchasing another cb1100, which I ended up doing. Now I have new sw bars again, and will be looking for another set of pegs to put on them before any more long trips.GoldOxide_imp said:Update request:mmatthews_imp said:I put on a set of SW-Motech guards, with a set MFW foot pegs. I ordered from Twisted Throttle. I've had no issues with pegs getting loose. Everything installed easily. Fit and finish is very nice. Very happy with them. I'm 6'-4". It's nice to be able to change my leg position.
![]()
![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has anybody else done this or similar? And how has it been working for you on the CB?
Especially want to hear from you if you are above average in height.
Have no problems with the footpegs of the CB and can easily stand the way how my knees are wrinkeld by them. Just for variation of my seating position I mounted highway pegs. Mostly I don't use them on shorter rides and in wintertime, cold wind can creep up my legs, which I don't like. But on longer trips I unfold them and from time to time I put my feet on them just for the sack of variation. They look very decent on the shown picture. See more a relaxt tourer in the CB than anything else. So they fit nicely together with a windshield and saddlebags. On tour also added a tankbag and roll behind me.GoldOxide_imp said:Update request:mmatthews_imp said:I put on a set of SW-Motech guards, with a set MFW foot pegs. I ordered from Twisted Throttle. I've had no issues with pegs getting loose. Everything installed easily. Fit and finish is very nice. Very happy with them. I'm 6'-4". It's nice to be able to change my leg position.
![]()
![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has anybody else done this or similar? And how has it been working for you on the CB?
Especially want to hear from you if you are above average in height.