Foot Peg Feelers

SUPERCRUZ_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have not posted in a while but have been meaning to ask this question for some time now. What are the foot peg feelers for and are they really necessary? I got tired of my bike cover getting hung up on them every time I wanted to go for a ride so I removed mine. Seems to clean the bike up a bit looks wise. I really do not see the need for them. Opinions.
 
They let you know when are are starting to drag parts :)

A number of members have removed them. IIRC Ferret removes them from all his bikes.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
If you remove them, I think the first thing to touch down will be the center stand, but I haven't tested that theory.
I think the first thing to touch down would be my kneecaps, but I haven't tested my theory yet! :P
 
Mine got tangled up in my shoe laces, so I bought shoes with Velcro fasteners..However, sometimes my pant cuffs get caught on them so I plan to remove them..
 
Yep remove them as soon as I get them home. I'm not likely to scrape anything and they look stupid lol
 
Only remove them if you are absolutely sure you won't be using them. They remind you of where you are.

3928a3be1541b1d27d9ee4fbd91cc392.jpeg


Another option is to replace them with a more sightly peg. I think that Chip Beck could give you some advice on this.

Cheers
 
Looks to me like you gave up an extra inch of space you could have been leanin over :rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Looks to me like you gave up an extra inch of space you could have been leanin over :rofl:
Well, maybe. But that is about the edge of the Angel GTs and also an approximation of where the Ambition and Ability curves intersect :).

Cheers mate.
 
well it's apparent nothing else hits until less than 1/4" from the foot peg itself.

Ptero.... you have some more grinding to do

I'm going out and take a 4" angle grinder to the bottom of my pegs just for show and tell
 
noroomtomove_imp said:
The approximation of Ambition and Ability curve intersection, could be a Doctoral Thesis in that.

Regards
Yes mate, could be doctoral bills as well :).

Cheers, and maybe see you at PI for WSBK. I'll be riding past your place on the way.
The ferret_imp said:
see how far you can lean without curb feelers er...I mean peg feelers?


http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/09/26/the-lean-angle-experience/162596
Interesting vid. Without Jorge's inertia, and the Yammy's centripetal force, even he falls off at 64deg :).

Cheers again
 
It must be a Honda thing. Everyone that I have ever owned had the scrapers on the bottom of the pegs, but not anymore as soon as I can get downstairs, I'm gonna lose those things.
 
White Dog_imp said:
It must be a Honda thing. Everyone that I have ever owned had the scrapers on the bottom of the pegs, but not anymore as soon as I can get downstairs, I'm gonna lose those things.
You'll have unsightly threaded holes remaining on the underside of the peg. Uggghhhh! Maybe threaded rhinestones, or some other bling, might be the answer. :D

Cheers
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
They let you know when are are starting to drag parts :)

A number of members have removed them. IIRC Ferret removes them from all his bikes.
unless you've added a full Yoshimura exhaust. Then sometimes the ride-side header let's you know.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Only remove them if you are absolutely sure you won't be using them. They remind you of where you are.

3928a3be1541b1d27d9ee4fbd91cc392.jpeg


Another option is to replace them with a more sightly peg. I think that Chip Beck could give you some advice on this.

Cheers
Gentlemen,

I removed them and replaced with a round top Phillips head screw so there is no empty hole. Nice and clean.

Chip
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
They let you know when are are starting to drag parts :)

A number of members have removed them. IIRC Ferret removes them from all his bikes.
unless you've added a full Yoshimura exhaust. Then sometimes the ride-side header let's you know.
unless you've added a full Yoshimura exhaust. Then sometimes the ride-side header let's you know.
Whoa! Surely a couple of touchdowns and the header wall would be holed. Sounds expensive, and noisy.

Cheers
 
Back
Top