I installed some Buell footpegs on mine. There was quite a bit of grinding and stuff to get the pegs to fit, but it ended up dropping the peg height by 1.5 inches. The shift lever and brake lever are adjustable, but it takes a little effort to get it to move that much (a little cutting on the brake side). Much more comfortable, but you will drag pegs on any spirited riding. I ride like an old man, so not much issue, but I'm almost to the point of getting the Vario pegs instead and lifting them up just a little.
It also had the effect of moving the peg backwards some (not forwards like you wanted). However, it gives my size 11 steel-toed boot more room to fit under the shifter so that helps.
I also got a taller seat, so the two changes together made a night and day difference to my comfort level.