Flytech's Mods & Accessories

Flytech99_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Let me preface this post by saying I purchased my 2014 DLX with a rather thorough plan of of what I wanted to do for mods & accessories (even saved up in advance for the parts). I originally wanted to do a "build thread" but got ahead of myself swapping/installing things on the bike over the last couple weeks. So, at this point, I'm just posting a mods/accessories list to summarize my progress thus far. I know as a new CB owner and relatively fresh member of the forum, I checked in a lot to see what others were doing to their bikes to make them unique, stylish, functional and perform better... just figured I'd pass that same thing along in sharing what I've done to mine. :cool:

Pic is for general reference... If anyone wants more details on a particular part, just ask (I did all the installations myself too)!

Here's the list:

2016 EX Special Edition Tank - Titanium Blade Metallic/Darkness Black Metallic
Honda Front Fender - Darkness Black Metallic
Honda Rear Fender - Darkness Black Metallic
Honda Side Covers - Darkness Black Metallic
Chic Design RC1 Fairing - Titanium Blade Metallic/Darkness Black Metallic/Smoke Screen
Honda CB1100 Type II Handlebars
Honda Heated Grips
Bikemaster Old School Mirrors
K&S Mini Rectangle Turn Signals - Chrome/Smoke (metal construction)
Plot Chain Guard
Custom License Plate Mount & Frame
'17 EX Chrome Gauge Covers
'17 EX Air Cleaner Covers
'17 RS Seat
Removed Fork Reflectors

I'm pretty sure I want to go with silver side covers instead of black. However, I'll probably paint the DLX style ones instead of keeping the '13 type that I had on it originally. And the jury is still out on the RS seat; it looks good but doesn't fit perfectly at the tank which causes the material to bunch/ripple in the center of the seat. Considering having an upholstery shop reshape it or go with a stock DLX or Corbin as a long term option.

Still mulling over options for an exhaust and potential suspension upgrades, but that's all part of phase two! LOL

Jeff

:biker:
 
I've already said a couple of times how good looking and tastefully done your bike is. One of the best looking modded bikes on the board. Could not have been cheap, but imo worth every penny. Great lookin ride flytech.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I've already said a couple of times how good looking and tastefully done your bike is. One of the best looking modded bikes on the board. Could not have been cheap, but imo worth every penny. Great lookin ride flytech.
I was just going to say the same thing, beautiful bike. I really like that colour.

Definitely one of my favorite bikes on here, along with Nemo, greekcb and come from behind Mscb1100 (the red tank with all black bike looks killer).

Oh, I like your bike better with the silver '13 side covers.
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
You ought to take this bike on tour....to Berea, KY, perhaps? LOL

Looks great.
I’m originally from Indiana and most of my extended family is in KY... just not sure how a cross country trip on the CB would go. I’d love to make one of the Rallies, but I haven’t exactly set the ole girl up for long distance touring. LOL
Banned_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I've already said a couple of times how good looking and tastefully done your bike is. One of the best looking modded bikes on the board. Could not have been cheap, but imo worth every penny. Great lookin ride flytech.
I was just going to say the same thing, beautiful bike. I really like that colour.

Definitely one of my favorite bikes on here, along with Nemo, greekcb and come from behind Mscb1100 (the red tank with all black bike looks killer).

Oh, I like your bike better with the silver '13 side covers.
So I'm not the only one? Yes!!!!

Unfortunately, the '13 side cover doesn't fit the greatest on the left side (due to wiring and a connector stay). That's why I'll probably paint the black DLX covers a silver color that looks like finished aluminum.
 
beautiful outcome and looks well planned .
the best and only mod i did to my bike is install DENALI SoundBomb Split Dual-Tone Motorcycle Air Horns
totally hidden and cleaned up the front with more air flow to the oil cooler and head , perhaps has saved me many times already = extremely loud

just a tip for anyone looking for an alternative
 
Thread starter
use2b_imp said:
beautiful outcome and looks well planned .
the best and only mod i did to my bike is install DENALI SoundBomb Split Dual-Tone Motorcycle Air Horns
totally hidden and cleaned up the front with more air flow to the oil cooler and head , perhaps has saved me many times already = extremely loud

just a tip for anyone looking for an alternative
How did you "hide" them?

I was actually considering using a Harley style horn cover as an enclosure under the front of the fairing.
 
That is a great looking bike! I'm glad to think I helped you pay for it by buying that old windshield from you. :)
 
Thread starter
Perry_imp said:
That is a great looking bike! I'm glad to think I helped you pay for it by buying that old windshield from you. :)
Thanks!

Yes, every penny from a part sold went to something new. Let me know when you get the windshield.
 
It looks great Flytech. Kinda like my 2011 model, but with the improved exhaust of the DLX. Funny, but having bought mine with silver side covers, I prefer the black ones.
 
Beautiful bike. Love the fairing and tank paint job. Glad to have ‘contributed’ as well. I like the black side covers on this bike as well. And the 2017 air box covers look great.
 
love it, i keep wondering why you guys with the dlxs don't want black bodywork
it looks awesome i would think that there would be swaps out there, red to black
the black std would look awesome with the red tank and sides
 
Sweden got an all black, tank and side covers with silver motor and wheels, maybe Germany too. Django had one. Had Honda brought that stateside, there would be one in my garage. Love that combo. Australia got a black bike but with dark silver side covers. Cormanus got one of those, but recently got black side covers for his.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Sweden got an all black, tank and side covers with silver motor and wheels, maybe Germany too. Django had one. Had Honda brought that stateside, there would be one in my garage. Love that combo. Australia got a black bike but with dark silver side covers. Cormanus got one of those, but recently got black side covers for his.
I tried to buy a 2013 that had black tank installed on it last year. It was in your neck of the woods, Ferret.... Marysville, OH, I think???

The 2013 looks very good with a black tank to go along with the black/machined wheels!
 
Flytech99_imp said:
Let me preface this post by saying I purchased my 2014 DLX with a rather thorough plan of of what I wanted to do for mods & accessories (even saved up in advance for the parts). I originally wanted to do a "build thread" but got ahead of myself swapping/installing things on the bike over the last couple weeks. So, at this point, I'm just posting a mods/accessories list to summarize my progress thus far. I know as a new CB owner and relatively fresh member of the forum, I checked in a lot to see what others were doing to their bikes to make them unique, stylish, functional and perform better... just figured I'd pass that same thing along in sharing what I've done to mine. :cool:

Pic is for general reference... If anyone wants more details on a particular part, just ask (I did all the installations myself too)!

Here's the list:

2016 EX Special Edition Tank - Titanium Blade Metallic/Darkness Black Metallic
Honda Front Fender - Darkness Black Metallic
Honda Rear Fender - Darkness Black Metallic
Honda Side Covers - Darkness Black Metallic
Chic Design RC1 Fairing - Titanium Blade Metallic/Darkness Black Metallic/Smoke Screen
Honda CB1100 Type II Handlebars
Honda Heated Grips
Bikemaster Old School Mirrors
K&S Mini Rectangle Turn Signals - Chrome/Smoke (metal construction)
Plot Chain Guard
Custom License Plate Mount & Frame
'17 EX Chrome Gauge Covers
'17 EX Air Cleaner Covers
'17 RS Seat
Removed Fork Reflectors

I'm pretty sure I want to go with silver side covers instead of black. However, I'll probably paint the DLX style ones instead of keeping the '13 type that I had on it originally. And the jury is still out on the RS seat; it looks good but doesn't fit perfectly at the tank which causes the material to bunch/ripple in the center of the seat. Considering having an upholstery shop reshape it or go with a stock DLX or Corbin as a long term option.

Still mulling over options for an exhaust and potential suspension upgrades, but that's all part of phase two! LOL

Jeff

:biker:
Hi Flytech,

Great looking bike! Can you provide part numbers for the '17 EX chrome gauge covers and air cleaner covers?

Thanks!
 
Townie_imp said:
Flytech99_imp said:
Let me preface this post by saying I purchased my 2014 DLX with a rather thorough plan of of what I wanted to do for mods & accessories (even saved up in advance for the parts). I originally wanted to do a "build thread" but got ahead of myself swapping/installing things on the bike over the last couple weeks. So, at this point, I'm just posting a mods/accessories list to summarize my progress thus far. I know as a new CB owner and relatively fresh member of the forum, I checked in a lot to see what others were doing to their bikes to make them unique, stylish, functional and perform better... just figured I'd pass that same thing along in sharing what I've done to mine. :cool:

Pic is for general reference... If anyone wants more details on a particular part, just ask (I did all the installations myself too)!

Here's the list:

2016 EX Special Edition Tank - Titanium Blade Metallic/Darkness Black Metallic
Honda Front Fender - Darkness Black Metallic
Honda Rear Fender - Darkness Black Metallic
Honda Side Covers - Darkness Black Metallic
Chic Design RC1 Fairing - Titanium Blade Metallic/Darkness Black Metallic/Smoke Screen
Honda CB1100 Type II Handlebars
Honda Heated Grips
Bikemaster Old School Mirrors
K&S Mini Rectangle Turn Signals - Chrome/Smoke (metal construction)
Plot Chain Guard
Custom License Plate Mount & Frame
'17 EX Chrome Gauge Covers
'17 EX Air Cleaner Covers
'17 RS Seat
Removed Fork Reflectors

I'm pretty sure I want to go with silver side covers instead of black. However, I'll probably paint the DLX style ones instead of keeping the '13 type that I had on it originally. And the jury is still out on the RS seat; it looks good but doesn't fit perfectly at the tank which causes the material to bunch/ripple in the center of the seat. Considering having an upholstery shop reshape it or go with a stock DLX or Corbin as a long term option.

Still mulling over options for an exhaust and potential suspension upgrades, but that's all part of phase two! LOL

Jeff

:biker:
Hi Flytech,

Great looking bike! Can you provide part numbers for the '17 EX chrome gauge covers and air cleaner covers?

Thanks!
Hi Flytech,

Great looking bike! Can you provide part numbers for the '17 EX chrome gauge covers and air cleaner covers?

Thanks! Here are the links to the covers at Samurider.

https://www.samurider.com/?p=26191/#itemImage

https://www.samurider.com/?p=22239/#itemImage

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Looks Great! Regarding your seat, I had the stock seat cut down an inch and reupholstered. I get it back this afternoon and fingers crossed it looks and feels right.

How do you like the Bikemaster mirrors? They look great, was wondering if they vibrate. How happy are you with them so far?
 
Back
Top