Flying Bikes!

I'd ride one,, no more slick roads, wet leaves, pot holes,gravel, oil or antifreeze slick spots, dead animals in a curve, nails in the road if someone pulls out in front of you go over them,..... I like it. Little noisy though
 
Not for me. I'm not that kind of Flynrider :D

I wonder what happens at 60 mph and 16 ft. when one of those motors or propellers gives up the ghost.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Not for me. I'm not that kind of Flynrider :D

I wonder what happens at 60 mph and 16 ft. when one of those motors or propellers gives up the ghost.
Gravity kicks in..:huh:
 
Hoversurf, a company in California (where else?) will begin selling them next year. Cost = $150K with rider training included. Weight = 250 lbs of carbon fiber. 25 minutes per battery charge. Hover at about 16 ft with top speed at 60 mph. And yes, the rotors will be enclosed. I think Honda should make them. Honda already makes private jets. We need a Honda rotorbike. :D
 
Wonder what laws will apply to these things? They have no wheels, so I doubt they'd be considered a car or motorcycle. If they're considered aircraft, there will be a lot of restrictions about where you can ride/fly this thing. Certainly not over roads in the vicinity of other motor vehicles and pedestrians.
 
Thread starter
Good point, Flyn. It will greatly improve the amenity of my ‘hood when these things are zooming about! Not.
 
Back
Top