Florida back country

DBM_imp said:
Today's ride took me south down Hwy 41 for some coastal twisties. Lots of fellow riders enjoying another perfect day in our back yard playground. Gulf City has some sweet 4th gear sweepers that challenge your skills to see how fast you want to go. Cockroach Bay is a nice stop to watch the local anglers launch their 40K toys. Port Manatee has a sweet little spot that is just spectacular. On your way out, bright green sand mounds make you wonder what planet this stuff came from. Right turn into Bishop Harbor and another trip through some local 2 lane salty curvy asphalt and more awesome local roads through Terra Ceia with a stop at a centuries old Post Office. Lunch was a fresh warm pretzel with yellow mustard at WaWa's. Life is good.

e78abc0cb55c9efc69c3bc152e5fd2bc.jpg

b8c92c9d855eb71455eac4c37159b55c.jpg

34dc3c8ef38def05ea653d39a7c87fca.jpg

0ac2f2f12891d2c7fdba910c6a04fcca.jpg

c097d695a77eaf8f082c3f195d378b89.jpg


9f8de44a5f5b3c67a2ad6f1c223bb178.jpg

c74ab497cd9c0c393eeb6f87d0390c8f.jpg

cb85a13e7d7ed938df389acc46ffc879.jpg

d5a0ae46070e3d21c66171b0d9dab83c.jpg

cbc6f099a8c1ca109b9b62bae47f9da3.jpg

1accf2a2905b8fa3f424b5abd44a22e9.jpg

93af13ae507cb9cd2b7620edb935602a.jpg
That's a simplified form of a brezel. Probably they use a machine, which cannot do it the real brezel way. :P



Hm, now I'm getting hungry...
:beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Thank you all for the kind words. I enjoy sharing my favorite riding loops with everyone. Trust me, the pleasure is all mine. If any of you mugs every make it down this way and want to ride, let me know.
 
hey dbm, really great photos and report from your base and ride there in florida. nice nice nice. you're fortunate to live and have access to riding in such a nice place. :biker::biker:
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
A "brezel" is a bread-like pretzel?

Don't real pretzels (and brezels?) come in a paper bag with no nutritional information? :)
Or a health warning? :P
 
Thread starter
Vic_imp said:
hey dbm, really great photos and report from your base and ride there in florida. nice nice nice. you're fortunate to live and have access to riding in such a nice place. :biker::biker:
This is exactly what I must repeat to myself over and over when it's 120/90 in the shade in August.
As I get older.....spell check has become my worst enigma.
 
Nice pics!

I am native to Lake County. Live in the Panhandle now (aka Lower Alabama or "LA")

"Old" Florida (rural without all the folks) is indeed lovely. The problem is 21.5 million other folks think so too, with 1000 new residents A DAY. 327 people per sq mile and rising.

I am getting out of here ASAP and moving back to Montana. The traffic here on Hwy 98 takes years off your life. My home state is ruined forever.

Glad you are enjoying the CB. Special bikes indeed.
 
Thread starter
DaSwami_imp said:
Nice pics!

I am native to Lake County. Live in the Panhandle now (aka Lower Alabama or "LA")

"Old" Florida (rural without all the folks) is indeed lovely. The problem is 21.5 million other folks think so too, with 1000 new residents A DAY. 327 people per sq mile and rising.

I am getting out of here ASAP and moving back to Montana. The traffic here on Hwy 98 takes years off your life. My home state is ruined forever.

Glad you are enjoying the CB. Special bikes indeed.
LOL. My drive on I-4 from Champa to Lakeland every day in my car takes years off my life too. Love the bike. It just works so good for me.
 
Thread starter
Today's ride was most excellent thanks to tips I got from a local Adv'er. I clicked 1st at 7am just before sunrise (time change). 54 chilly degrees as I ponder turning around to put on a few more layers. Naw, I'll be fine. Headed north from Brandon through 2 lane country roads all the way up to Hwy 50. There were a few low spots (dips) in Spring Lake Rd that made my lips quiver. No kidding the temp would drop 20 degrees in 3 seconds as you reached the bottom of the dip and made your way out to warmer air. A new experience for me for sure. I met the fellas at 9 sharp. Headed north from the Speedway through some of the best Florida has to offer. This was all new tar for me. Epic to say the least.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vWqBndpM3Yq

de8b00f751c29ec08ce392240137c374.jpg


59cb1873da86920cfa3bb34dc90a5702.jpg


9035fa1832c5b57125452f09c9e4bf64.jpg
 
Nice, one of my favorite things about riding when I first started riding in 1965 was feeling the temp change in dips. Something you never felt in a car. That and the smells.
 
DBM_imp said:
Today's ride was most excellent thanks to tips I got from a local Adv'er. I clicked 1st at 7am just before sunrise (time change). 54 chilly degrees as I ponder turning around to put on a few more layers. Naw, I'll be fine. Headed north from Brandon through 2 lane country roads all the way up to Hwy 50. There were a few low spots (dips) in Spring Lake Rd that made my lips quiver. No kidding the temp would drop 20 degrees in 3 seconds as you reached the bottom of the dip and made your way out to warmer air. A new experience for me for sure. I met the fellas at 9 sharp. Headed north from the Speedway through some of the best Florida has to offer. This was all new tar for me. Epic to say the least.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vWqBndpM3Yq

de8b00f751c29ec08ce392240137c374.jpg


59cb1873da86920cfa3bb34dc90a5702.jpg


9035fa1832c5b57125452f09c9e4bf64.jpg
Very cool DBM. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Nice, one of my favorite things about riding when I first started riding in 1965 was feeling the temp change in dips. Something you never felt in a car. That and the smells.
Yes, the smells are quite different too. One minute you're riding by a orange or strawberry grove, the next a dairy farm.
 
Thread starter
Only had a few hours for seat time this week. A little windy, but otherwise near perfect weather today. This is one of my favorite back roads that winds around several large vegetable farms east of Brandon. And just for me they put down a fresh coat of black top.

5462ee2f46c5337d0a99dc50236a6ea6.jpg


9f30dd621d9a0ad5df6170910ed7acb8.jpg


3393e6e8a605d6ccb74ce04009becb42.jpg
 
New blacktop is awesome.

I really try hard to avoid riding roads with no centerline.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Have a name or number for that road DBM? Looks like good'n.
6fe75ba7dfe052c274dd9b57f68614d8.jpg

The ferret_imp said:
New blacktop is awesome.

I really try hard to avoid riding roads with no centerline.
This gem is deep into the back country. Not sure if they have any yeller paint out there.
 
What a lovely place to ride, DBM. Thanks for sharing.
 
Thread starter
My family plans for this weekend were kinda up in the air until the last minute. I had until 1pm today to ride and meet the family for Easter dinner. I have included a link to my tracks from Brandon to Floral City. This is some of the best riding in Florida. Enjoy.

Brandon to Floral City





 
Back
Top