Florida back country

Yes I have redbirds.

We switched to hunting hogs in Deer Park Florida between Kissimme and Melbourne. Big ranch there..lots of hogs and rattlesnakes and gators lol.
 
DBM_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
DBM_imp said:
Here's a few pics from today's ride. I stayed close to home cuz it wuz windy and chilly. I'm trying something new with a Imgur link. Let me know if this works.

Looks great! I enjoy seeing the CB1100 in other areas of the country / world. Been a long time since I was in Florida...a short trip for an interview about 20 years ago, and then 1982 for a week.
The sunshine state has some unique attributes, but the severe humidity makes riding not so much fun. Southern Ontario gets a lot of that same humidity in summer.
The sunshine state has some unique attributes, but the severe humidity makes riding not so much fun. Southern Ontario gets a lot of that same humidity in summer.
I was born/raised in Hillsbilly County, and the heat and humidity can be hard to deal with for sure. I have been in the home building business working outside my entire career. In the summer I am on the bike at dawn and ride to 11 or so. No worries.
GoldOxide_imp said:
DBM_imp said:
Here's a few pics from today's ride. I stayed close to home cuz it wuz windy and chilly. I'm trying something new with a Imgur link. Let me know if this works.

Make it a Combo!

Nice snaps DBM.
Make it a Combo!

Nice snaps DBM.
Thank you. I will have some new stuff from some of my other routes coming soon
I was born/raised in Hillsbilly County, and the heat and humidity can be hard to deal with for sure. I have been in the home building business working outside my entire career. In the summer I am on the bike at dawn and ride to 11 or so. No worries.
I reckon you being native to the Florida region the tolerance is likely much better than most Canadian folk. I once liked the hot/humidity, but now prefer the dry/hot desert. I once much disliked the Canadian winter cold, but over the last few decades have become unexpectedly tolerant of it. That doesn't make it right for riding though.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yes I have redbirds.

We switched to hunting hogs in Deer Park Florida between Kissimme and Melbourne. Big ranch there..lots of hogs and rattlesnakes and gators lol.
Sparky and I hunted Brahma in 1984 I think. We both connected on some very large boars.
 
Very pretty country. I head to Bradenton for two weeks every spring for work, not too far away from you. I can see why people like to spend their winters out there!
 
Thread starter
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
That has got to be the ugliest topbox I've ever seen, but opinions are like bellybuttons, everybody has one.
Thank you for that uplifting message. Have a nice day!!

Oh, BTW... I couldn't care less about what you or anybody else thinks about how I "look" My main focus is on functionality.
 
DBM_imp said:
Hit a couple Motrin with my coffee, did some redneck yoga, and hopped on the bike mid morning headed due east. A little windy but otherwise near perfect conditions. My arthritic left hand gave me a break for a change and I was able to put on another hundred miles of pure bliss. So many great roads only 30 minutes away. Gotta love it.


[url=https://imgur.com/AMlYSv4]
[url=https://imgur.com/mdVZGfN]
[url=https://imgur.com/DQ2BFPO]
[url=https://imgur.com/oBkbuk7]
[url=https://imgur.com/lN8O4XP]
[url=https://imgur.com/jsLk0Ho]
[url=https://imgur.com/U3zur53]



Any hope you might post a little annotated map or your GPS tracks ? Even a sketch would do for me.
 
Thread starter
j3gq_imp said:
DBM_imp said:
Hit a couple Motrin with my coffee, did some redneck yoga, and hopped on the bike mid morning headed due east. A little windy but otherwise near perfect conditions. My arthritic left hand gave me a break for a change and I was able to put on another hundred miles of pure bliss. So many great roads only 30 minutes away. Gotta love it.


[url=https://imgur.com/AMlYSv4]
[url=https://imgur.com/mdVZGfN]
[url=https://imgur.com/DQ2BFPO]
[url=https://imgur.com/oBkbuk7]
[url=https://imgur.com/lN8O4XP]
[url=https://imgur.com/jsLk0Ho]
[url=https://imgur.com/U3zur53]



Any hope you might post a little annotated map or your GPS tracks ? Even a sketch would do for me.


Any hope you might post a little annotated map or your GPS tracks ? Even a sketch would do for me.
send me a pm
 
Thread starter
Headed north to Pasco on Sunday. Scouting some new stuff, and digging some sweet Fla twisties. So much fun, and perfect weather. I'm planning a group ride for 2/7 doing the Green Swamp Loop. Who's in?

227b7094d6a9ff84fdc02c2356b1c092.jpg

934f1de6793e7a1e21687269155e562d.jpg

59d0a66a5fb1f96cc7059e7945a3b3e3.jpg
 
is that top photo a sweet Florida Twisty? :rofl:
 
Back
Top