Florida back country

DBM_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Hit a couple Motrin with my coffee, did some redneck yoga, and hopped on the bike mid morning headed due east. A little windy but otherwise near perfect conditions. My arthritic left hand gave me a break for a change and I was able to put on another hundred miles of pure bliss. So many great roads only 30 minutes away. Gotta love it.


[url=https://imgur.com/AMlYSv4]
[url=https://imgur.com/mdVZGfN]
[url=https://imgur.com/DQ2BFPO]
[url=https://imgur.com/oBkbuk7]
[url=https://imgur.com/lN8O4XP]
[url=https://imgur.com/jsLk0Ho]
[url=https://imgur.com/U3zur53]
 
Wonderful photos, DBM. I may never get to ride my CB in Florida, so thanks! The bike looks sleek and awesome.
 
That part of the state has some nice riding. I ride through nearby Mulberry often when visiting my sister and her family in Port Charlotte. I stay off the main roads and ride down the sparsely populated center. Not many curves but plenty of fine rural scenery. That store front looks like one I've stopped at before to buy gas.
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
Wonderful photos, DBM. I may never get to ride my CB in Florida, so thanks! The bike looks sleek and awesome.
Thank you. I fall in love with riding every trip on my 11. Could not be any happier with the bike. Wish you all could join me. Cheers
redbirds_imp said:
That part of the state has some nice riding. I ride through nearby Mulberry often when visiting my sister and her family in Port Charlotte. I stay off the main roads and ride down the sparsely populated center. Not many curves but plenty of fine rural scenery. That store front looks like one I've stopped at before to buy gas.
Lots of nice roads all over this area both straight and twisty. Every time I ride I find new stuff. Love it.
 
Nice pics. Florida? Where are the palm trees? and the orange groves?

Used to live in Ft Pierce with my parents, toured there by motorcycle with my wife many times, and then went back and bowhunted there for years and killed a slew of hogs with my wife and son.

I miss Florida sometimes.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Nice pics. Florida? Where are the palm trees? and the orange groves?

Used to live in Ft Pierce with my parents, toured there by motorcycle with my wife many times, and then went back and bowhunted there for years and killed a slew of hogs with my wife and son.

I miss Florida sometimes.
Palm trees in every pic if you look hard enough. Most orange groves are on long straight roads. I prefer the strawberry grove roads with some nice twisties. The only thing I miss are the mountain roads in N. Ga.
 
I can see your album, DBM. Looks like a good ride.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
I can see your album, DBM. Looks like a good ride.
It was 59 degrees at 11 am. I layered up with several long sleeve shirts stacked under a windbreaker, and 2 pairs of socks. I rode until my arthritic left hand was cold and hurting. Found some more new stuff. Great day.
 
DBM_imp said:
Here's a few pics from today's ride. I stayed close to home cuz it wuz windy and chilly. I'm trying something new with a Imgur link. Let me know if this works.

Looks great! I enjoy seeing the CB1100 in other areas of the country / world. Been a long time since I was in Florida...a short trip for an interview about 20 years ago, and then 1982 for a week.
 
pdedse_imp said:
DBM_imp said:
Here's a few pics from today's ride. I stayed close to home cuz it wuz windy and chilly. I'm trying something new with a Imgur link. Let me know if this works.

Looks great! I enjoy seeing the CB1100 in other areas of the country / world. Been a long time since I was in Florida...a short trip for an interview about 20 years ago, and then 1982 for a week.
The sunshine state has some unique attributes, but the severe humidity makes riding not so much fun. Southern Ontario gets a lot of that same humidity in summer.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
DBM_imp said:
Here's a few pics from today's ride. I stayed close to home cuz it wuz windy and chilly. I'm trying something new with a Imgur link. Let me know if this works.

Looks great! I enjoy seeing the CB1100 in other areas of the country / world. Been a long time since I was in Florida...a short trip for an interview about 20 years ago, and then 1982 for a week.
The sunshine state has some unique attributes, but the severe humidity makes riding not so much fun. Southern Ontario gets a lot of that same humidity in summer.
The sunshine state has some unique attributes, but the severe humidity makes riding not so much fun. Southern Ontario gets a lot of that same humidity in summer.
I was born/raised in Hillsbilly County, and the heat and humidity can be hard to deal with for sure. I have been in the home building business working outside my entire career. In the summer I am on the bike at dawn and ride to 11 or so. No worries.
GoldOxide_imp said:
DBM_imp said:
Here's a few pics from today's ride. I stayed close to home cuz it wuz windy and chilly. I'm trying something new with a Imgur link. Let me know if this works.

Make it a Combo!

Nice snaps DBM.
Make it a Combo!

Nice snaps DBM.
Thank you. I will have some new stuff from some of my other routes coming soon
 
The ferret_imp said:
Nice pics. Florida? Where are the palm trees? and the orange groves?

Used to live in Ft Pierce with my parents, toured there by motorcycle with my wife many times, and then went back and bowhunted there for years and killed a slew of hogs with my wife and son.

I miss Florida sometimes.
Did you ever hog hunt on Brahma Island in Lake Kissimmee?
 
Back
Top