Flipping the handle bar mounts around

1985CB450_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Well in my quest to get the bars as low and far forward as the stock mounts/tank will allow I decided to swap the bar mounts around as they have a pretty good offset

I had already switched out the stock bar on my 2013 for an Emgo 7/8 Superbike bar

Here is the Superbike bar with stock mount orientation

950e1592d3e9db6c661db94846f770bd.jpg


Same bar with the mounts flipped

6ff18d7f9a889010f8181b64e43fe64c.jpg


ea6061f2781d213ef2b821f0b94b55fc.jpg


By getting the bars just a little more forward I was able to rotate it more rearward giving it a perfect angle at the grips and plenty of tank clearance. Very happy with the end result

Below shows tank clearance at full lock

f985dbfdf4a29edc981a37de28a72d9d.jpg


6abf96057e1a9a173cdfd9e697589e3e.jpg
 
What a good idea, pleased it worked for you. The bars on my RS are lower and to far forward so I'll look into this to see if flipping mine would bring the bars back a little.
 
Back
Top