Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yowsa.use2b_imp said:that is a great Idea Ferret . had a rigged drilled out spark plug with a check valve and hose on mt 1500 GW that was easy to use back in the day . the mini pump and plugs sounds like my best option so far
for a laugh look at the price on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Air-...12&hash=item1a52745fd1:g:p1MAAOSw8mpbHXEi
I have something very similar like the top pic, with cartridges.....never used it yetuse2b_imp said:any experience or suggestions ? now that i know i will be traveling some i want some way to fix a flat on the road.

Me too. If memory serves me right the plugged tyre survived another ~7,000km before I changed it. Have also plugged two car tyres with the same plugs and they're still working fine after ~30,000km. The kit travels with me everywhere and fits nicely in the CB's under seat compartment. I did make a short 'tail' (30cm of electrical wire with a double pole female connector) from the battery and soldered the compatible male connector on the end of the air pump. Now it's an easy job to plug in the air pump and start inflating.Houtman_imp said:I also have used the STOP and GO mushroom plugs , worked great.
3 cartridges will get about 10-15 psi with the 16 gram size I think. Depends on the tire's volume of course.The ferret_imp said:how many pounds of air do you get out of 1 co2 cartridge?
I was looking at that Slime inflator Pauley. Will that not fit under the seat?Pauley_imp said:I carry a tie plug kit (Stop n Go mushroom plugs) and a Slime inflator in my tail bag in case I get something in my tire on the road. The CO2 kits are such a pain - 4 cartridges won't get your tire up to spec pressure, but will probably get you to the next gas station.