rboe
Road warrior
I'd loan mine, but I'm about 3k miles away. :blush:
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


Oh please!!! We've got to see what this baby will do on a dyno with optimized ECU, minus the cat, plus airbox mod!! You might be able to crowd-source part of it if you really wanted...hell, I'd pay $10 to know.CB4ME_imp said:I'm 50-60 miles away and may contact Don. I have a PCV, Staintune exhaust and Motogear header plus TSR air funnel. I should get my CB dyno tuned and it sounds like Don is the man. Not sure what an ECU reflash might do on my bike but will see what Don has to say.


They do run lean out of the box!!Greg_imp said:Here is are dyno charts from a stock CB1100, mileage 3400. There are 3 runs: 1/4 throttle, 1/2 throttle and wide open throttle (WOT). I believe he had it in 4th gear for the WOT run.
He also did an idle chart that is not shown here. The AFR was in the range of 17:1

I was going tomorrow but had to cancel due to work issue's. I have to re-schedule.Ridem32_imp said:80 hp at the rear wheel not to bad
CIP Don says your taking your bike to him! Today? Tomorrow ? Let us know the results!!![]()
The stock rev limiter must be at least 8500-9000, he's probably hitting the top speed limiter of ~115 mph in 3rd or 4th?DAC_imp said:Wow. Torque curve about as flat as you could ever expect.
Bike #12 - That may be where the ecu rev limiter kicks in. Others please check in to confirm.
For those who are following along merely out of curiosity, CIP is referring to the bottom section of the graphs labeled "Air/Fuel Ratio". Lower numbers are richer, higher numbers are leaner. The red dotted line at 13 is roughly the ideal air/fuel ratio for a happy engine; 13 parts of air to 1 part of fuel, written 13:1.CIP57_imp said:They do run lean out of the box!!Greg_imp said:Here is are dyno charts from a stock CB1100, mileage 3400. There are 3 runs: 1/4 throttle, 1/2 throttle and wide open throttle (WOT). I believe he had it in 4th gear for the WOT run.
He also did an idle chart that is not shown here. The AFR was in the range of 17:1
Third gear is the best choice for a dyno run on a speed limited CB11. Others have posted their charts and it is possible to hit redline in 3rd just before hitting the speed limiter. If your run had been done in 3rd, I'd expect that you would have seen a few more HP, as the peak HP on runs in 3rd gear has been shown to be around 7300-7400 rpm. You didn't quite get there.Greg_imp said:Bike #12
The dyno operator wondered the same thing. I had forgotten to tell him about the rear wheel top speed limit at around 112 mph. If he had done the WOT run in 5th gear, the cutoff would have happened at a lower RPM, which makes me wonder just now if 3rd gear is actually a better choice for doing the WOT run on a stock CB1100. I mean "better" in that the bike will rev higher and show higher peak HP. Anecdotal evidence suggests RPM limit is not reached in 3rd gear before the speed limiter kicks in. Which would further suggest that RPM limits are redundant in all except 1st and 2nd gears, but that's just dumb speculation.
Speed and RPM limits have been debated at length ever since the CB1100 was released in the US. The posts make for interesting reading if you care to drill down on it.

I agree, but dramatically increasing power creates other issues. Many high powered bikes have traction control as part of their throttle by wire design. CB1100 has a mechanical throttle control so there's no possibility of mediating lots of power when conditions warrant it.Ridem32_imp said:CIP will be able to tell us lots in a few days when dyno his bike with the flash ECM Don will fine tune it and will know what the motor can really do! It's not honda,s idea to really power back the motor it just has to meet all the government rules and EPA. I think a lot of us will be shocked to see what a cb11 motor can really do. Time will tell![]()