First time seeing another

562loosenoodle_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I was on my way home from Burbank and was surprised to see a black cb1100 splitting lanes with me. Seeing one of us out in the wild was fun.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
562loosenoodle_imp said:
I was on my way home from Burbank and was surprised to see a black cb1100 splitting lanes with me. Seeing one of us out in the wild was fun.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Other than planned rides, I have yet to see one in the streets as I drive / ride.
 
In 6 years I’ve seen one and that was at a dealer celebration.
 
562loosenoodle_imp said:
I was on my way home from Burbank and was surprised to see a black cb1100 splitting lanes with me. Seeing one of us out in the wild was fun.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that was me! You were on red/silver CB with chrome grab bar?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Lol very cool MMC and loosenoodle
 
pdedse_imp said:
562loosenoodle_imp said:
I was on my way home from Burbank and was surprised to see a black cb1100 splitting lanes with me. Seeing one of us out in the wild was fun.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Other than planned rides, I have yet to see one in the streets as I drive / ride.
I'm somewhat surprised by this pdedse. I've had enough random sightings here in Portland that I actually lost count a while back. The majority of my encounters involved 2013 models.
 
The majority of my local sightings have been in the showrooms. :-/

- - -

I gotta think either to some the CB1100 is an "old man's ride", or today's young just doesn't want to put out the coin for a heavy ride.
 
Guth_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
562loosenoodle_imp said:
I was on my way home from Burbank and was surprised to see a black cb1100 splitting lanes with me. Seeing one of us out in the wild was fun.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Other than planned rides, I have yet to see one in the streets as I drive / ride.
I'm somewhat surprised by this pdedse. I've had enough random sightings here in Portland that I actually lost count a while back. The majority of my encounters involved 2013 models.
I'm somewhat surprised by this pdedse. I've had enough random sightings here in Portland that I actually lost count a while back. The majority of my encounters involved 2013 models.
Maybe it's because I ride mostly east of Gresham and don't venture much into Portland?
 
I have never seen a CB1100 on the road here either. However only 40 of them are imported by Canada Honda each year. If a dealer has one, they tend to sit for a long time.

As I ride during the middle of the week on quiet roads in cottage country to avoid the unwashed hordes of motorcyclists that ride on the weekends, my chances of seeing one are slim. But other motorcyclists and cagers often approach me to have a look at my restored CB750. :rolleyes:
 
Nortoon_imp said:
I have never seen a CB1100 on the road here either. However only 40 of them are imported by Canada Honda each year. If a dealer has one, they tend to sit for a long time.

As I ride during the middle of the week on quiet roads in cottage country to avoid the unwashed hordes of motorcyclists that ride on the weekends, my chances of seeing one are slim. But other motorcyclists and cagers often approach me to have a look at my restored CB750. :rolleyes:
I think from here on in I will just say, "Hey, thank you". The frequency is far more common than ever expected, particularly at gas stations. Sometimes I think, " ... dude, are you going to hang up that gas hose as you approach me? ... ".

Also common is at red lights, usually when I am turning left. The conversations always go well beyond the duration of the red light. It is all goodness.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
562loosenoodle_imp said:
I was on my way home from Burbank and was surprised to see a black cb1100 splitting lanes with me. Seeing one of us out in the wild was fun.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Other than planned rides, I have yet to see one in the streets as I drive / ride.
I'm somewhat surprised by this pdedse. I've had enough random sightings here in Portland that I actually lost count a while back. The majority of my encounters involved 2013 models.
I'm somewhat surprised by this pdedse. I've had enough random sightings here in Portland that I actually lost count a while back. The majority of my encounters involved 2013 models.
Maybe it's because I ride mostly east of Gresham and don't venture much into Portland?
Yes, more than likely (and I don't blame you, lol).
 
What annoys me is the ones that watch me wiggle my ear plugs in and put on my helmet: and then decide they want to talk to me. :huh:
 
I saw a black CB this morning, Friday. On Firestone, I was at a Chevron station, he pulled in and disappeared behind the station somewhere??? Anyone?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Seems like I'm seeing fewer bikes on the road, period, compared to what I used to see 10-20 years ago. Even during peak summer tourist season. I think the numbers are down.

There was a local guy who rode a '13 CB1100 around here a few years ago. I've not seen him for a while.
 
Back
Top