First ride out on my RS

Haggard Rider_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
First ride out on the RS today, just to get some petrol but I absent mindedly took a wrong turn out of the petrol station and ended up having to do 40 miles to get back home! Silly me.

Roads were greasy and damp and bloody filthy! A bit cool too. But the bike was an absolute delight to ride. Despite being a more aggressive posture, I got no wrist, shoulder or neck pains. The seat was as hard as I remember from my 2013 model (which I replaced with one from Samurider), but as I was canted forward, it was not painful this time.

Loving the roll on power from any revs – absolutely delicious and very addictive. Suspension is set up ok for me, certainly feels better than the NC750 I had before, turns into corners nice and smartly too.

Sounds gorgeous too, much rumblier and more 'fruity' than I've been used to, with the occasional crackle and pop too. Wonderful.

A bit 'reluctant' to go from 4th to 3rd maybe? We'll see how that goes, hopefully it will smooth out with more miles.

Clutchless up and down shifts are a breeze but the clutch is nicely '2-finger' light anyway.

Absolutely love the view forward over the dials and the clip-on appearing handlebars – proper cafe racer. Just need to find some cafes that are open now. Sometime in April that'll be – maybe.





I've also put up some historical photos relating to where I live, a place called Warsash, that sits at the mouth of the River Hamble.

We've got the monuments for the Commandos who departed from here on the eve of D-Day (there's also one for the Canadian troops at Lee on the Solent, I'll get a snap next time I'm passing and post it)





..and the 'hard' where Royal Navy frigates HMS Peruvian, HMS Theban, HMS Hotspur and HMS Laurel were built and launched over 200 years ago – they're the uninspiring green 'planks' you see. Still here after all those years.



About 2 miles up the Hamble (to the right, or should that be starboard, of these pics) is the final resting place of Henry V's flagship the Grace Dieu, burnt to the waterline nigh on 600 years ago.

An amazing amount of history.
 
Awesome Haggard. Too bad about getting lost after getting gas.
 
Oh, I don't know, Ferret. It's mostly good getting lost on the bike. I do it myself.
 
Cormanus, your sarcasm detector is off. Turn it on and read post 5 again... ;)
 
Thank you, milord. :worship:
 
I remember chirping away about lack of colors for the cb1100 back in '14...red, red, black, or if you really want something different...red. Not here in the U.S. but now there are lots of options and if one really wanted, a new Samurider tank is a po$$ibility.

But this silver has to be my favorite. I know some out there really prefer a good, basic color...like red, for example, but the balance between silver / black seems so appropriate on this RS.
 
pdedse_imp said:
I remember chirping away about lack of colors for the cb1100 back in '14...red, red, black, or if you really want something different...red. Not here in the U.S. but now there are lots of options and if one really wanted, a new Samurider tank is a po$$ibility.

But this silver has to be my favorite. I know some out there really prefer a good, basic color...like red, for example, but the balance between silver / black seems so appropriate on this RS.
Agreed. The silver is a strong base colour option.


Makes me wonder why Honda didn't consider offering a sort of similar metallic green - not unlike the '12 Moto Guzzi Griso.
 
lol to the best of my recollection, Honda has never offered a color as different as the Griso green.
 
they probably put it on a Fury or NM-4
 
Thanks HR, enjoyed the pictures you shared, and your RS looks great in this color scheme.What is your RT/CT ratio ?
(the riding time devided by the time to clean your beauty).
 
Back
Top