First ride of 2015

Rocky_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I parked the CB for the winter in the first week of November 2014 and only today rolled it out for the first time this year.
The mountains of snow are finally gone and the temp was in the 16C (61F) range in beautiful sunshine.
My CB900F (919) was the closest to the basement door so it was rolled out first. I really enjoy that bike, but it's a bit of a hooligan and rebellious and takes a tuned throttle hand to control it. The fuel injection is very touchy in traffic but once you're out on the open highway it's a satisfying runner. I went for a short sprint and then turned to the CB.
The difference between the two bikes is almost like night and day.
The CB is so smooth and refined compared to it's 13 year-old stablemate. I took it for a short sprint also (and didn't really want to come back), but I wanted to get the Bonneville out too so that was next.
The three modern bikes are now sharing space my garage for the summer and will soon be joined by their antique cousins from England :D
 
Yahoooo Rocky's back on 2 wheels :excited:.

Watch out Canada, a Tasmanian Devil has been turned loose on 2 wheels. Congrats Rocky :thumbsup:
 
Ferret, what's this Tasmanian Devil business? I grew up there and it isn't in Canada. I suppose it's a reference to the curious Buggs Bunny take on them.

Rocky, welcome back. That's a long hibernation you've had.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Ferret, what's this Tasmanian Devil business? I grew up there and it isn't in Canada. I suppose it's a reference to the curious Buggs Bunny take on them.

Rocky, welcome back. That's a long hibernation you've had.

Yea, like that Bugs Bunny thing that goes bananas when he gets out. Only with Rocky, it's one that's 77 years old, so it might not spin quite as fast.
 
Thread starter
JustJohn_imp said:
CB900F and 919 is the same bike? :s
Thanks guys. It has been a long and often brutal winter with more snow than we've seen in many years. We didn't think spring was ever going to arrive.

The other Honda I mentioned is known as a CB900F in Canada. In the USA it's called a 919 (engine displacement) and in England it was the Honda Hornet. I personally like Hornet :D
As you can see I really didn't need another four-cylinder Honda but I was smitten the moment I saw a picture of the CB1100 in a magazine.
I happened to be at the Honda dealer the day the CB's arrived in April 2014. They only received two and one was pre-sold so I had to act fast or lose it. The 2013's (only two received again) were pre-sold and came and went unseen. I didn't even get to see one in the flesh - so to speak - but I have a '14 with it's refinements so I'm a really happy camper.

http://s392.photobucket.com/user/Rock500_2008/media/Motorcycles/IMG_2418.jpg.html
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Ferret, what's this Tasmanian Devil business? I grew up there and it isn't in Canada. I suppose it's a reference to the curious Buggs Bunny take on them.

Rocky, welcome back. That's a long hibernation you've had.

Yea, like that Bugs Bunny thing that goes bananas when he gets out. Only with Rocky, it's one that's 77 years old, so it might not spin quite as fast.

Yea, like that Bugs Bunny thing that goes bananas when he gets out. Only with Rocky, it's one that's 77 years old, so it might not spin quite as fast.
I saw a Tasmanian Devil when I was in Sydney last year, and you know what.....they don't spin at all. What a letdown :D
I knock on wood and give thanks every day for my good health and energy. If I may be so bold to say, I put most people 20 years younger to shame.
As far as I'm concerned 77 is just a number and I hope it continues to add up.
 
Rocky, you know I was just funnin on the slower spinning part, right? Heck man, you are an inspiration to me, and I kid you not on that one!

If I am only able to ride when I get to 77. :banana:
 
I'll be happy if I can walk when I'm 77. So glad that you were finally able to get out, Rocky. Enjoy your relatively short riding season to its fullest...and post lots of pictures of it!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Rocky, you know I was just funnin on the slower spinning part, right? Heck man, you are an inspiration to me, and I kid you not on that one!

If I am only able to ride when I get to 77. :banana:
Yes, of course I knew that.
Nobody likes a joke and a bit of teasing more than me.
I get a kick and a lot of laughs from some of the stuff posted here. It's one of the reasons I enjoy this forum so much.

I don't have any secrets to longevity. Do all the right things to take care of your body and about all you can do then is hope for the best.
But life isn't fair and it can kick you in the teeth in spite of everything.
In the meantime, ride and enjoy it while you can.
 
Back
Top