First notice by a stranger...........

physics-teacher_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I've had my scoot six days and today I was approached by a stranger in a restaurant who told me how much he was admiring my bike, parked just outside. Six days...........about time, huh? He did have white hair, but they say wisdom comes with age!:)
 
lol.. and senility. He probably thinks it's still 1968
 
Are you sure he wasn't lost and you caught him staring off into space wonder why he was there? :D
 
Yeah, it is funny, but this bike draws A LOT of attention. I have had Aprilia, Buell, some antique bikes and other "oddball" stuff... I don't think any have drawn the attention that this bike has drawn. Not police, not even bike people. I think the Honda "CB" bike looks something like the Platonic "motorcycle" that exists in everyone's mind. I had this conversation this morning...

Me: "Welcome back, hope you had a nice trip!"

Neighbor: "It was fun, but long. What's new?"

Me: "I got new bike."

Neighbor: "Yeah... wow. It's cool...

(looking down)

...it's like, wow, a work of art. Really pretty. You could park it inside."

Me: "Thanks, I think it's pretty fun."

More banter occurs, none worth reporting.

Mr.Skidmarkart rides to work.

Scene.
 
Thread starter
"Takin' a trip?"
"Yeah."
"Where ya goin?"
"Wherever I end up, I guess."
"Wish I was you!"
"Well, hang in there. But forget about trying to buy a new one of these. They've been out of production three years now."
 
I have had my CB just a month, and have put a little over 1,000 miles on it, and so far have drawn more attention than any other bike I have had, It's been one of the biggest suprise's since buying it!
 
physics-teacher_imp said:
"Takin' a trip?"
"Yeah."
"Where ya goin?"
"Wherever I end up, I guess."
"Wish I was you!"
"Well, hang in there. But forget about trying to buy a new one of these. They've been out of production three years now."
I see what you did there Bronson :thumbsup:
 
These bikes do get tons of notice. On our last trip back from Washington state, we went through the Canadian border near Nighthawk one-by-one. Everyone gives their info, answers the questions and goes on. I go last and pull up, the guy takes my Nexus card and goes inside. Then he and two other guys come back out and everyone in our riding group starts thinking 'oh, crap, what did Mike do?' Then one guard asks if he can take pictures of my bike and the other two start chatting me up. This is definitely the most asked about bike I've ever owned.
 
At the dealership last week. The same one I purchased my CB from last year. One of the techs came in from the parking lot and saw me talking.
"Is that your black Honda out there?"
"What year is that?"
"2014?! I had to take a closer look. Thought for sure it was '70s bike."
"Really nice, man!"

Made me laugh that even the guy that works for the dealership still doesn't know about these. Hahaha


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
A friend of mine that is knowledgeable about old Hondas, sees my black '14 at his 4th of July pool party. He says, "Is that a 750? Where'd you get that gas tank? Is that a resto?" I just stood there smiling and let him ask about a thousand questions. The air cooled engine gets 'em every time. They always seem a bit let down when they find out it's new. Haha.
 
Toddman_imp said:
A friend of mine that is knowledgeable about old Hondas, sees my black '14 at his 4th of July pool party. He says, "Is that a 750? Where'd you get that gas tank? Is that a resto?" I just stood there smiling and let him ask about a thousand questions. The air cooled engine gets 'em every time. They always seem a bit let down when they find out it's new. Haha.
Yes, it's humorous when even older riders in their 60s and 70s mistake the bike for a restoration. Honestly, I don't care for the attention because I have to explain all that, but it is an interesting thing. And the rarer the bike gets, the more it'll be mistaken for a vintage ride.
 
I stopped for fuel the other day. When I went inside to get a drink, 2 people followed me in to ask how old my bike is. I asked what year did they want it to be. Both guys thought it was a '70 something. They both told me how cool it looked to them. I told them, they could still get one. One noticed the fuel injection and said old school looks, with reliability. I said exactly. I wish Honda had marketed these bikes properly.
 
Liked your Bronson reference, physics-teacher!

I agree with those who advise you to get used to it. My riding friends, noticing how often people stop to ask about my bike, as well as the age of those drawn to it have said more than once, "Man that thing is geezer magnet!"

Which is true, of course, but it also draws those of any age who just notice & admire how pretty & graceful of machine it is.
 
Thread starter
I had my second "notice" today in as many days. Looking at the average age of the owners here, I figured a lot of people would pick up on the Bronson reference. Especially if they happen to own a Sportster as well, as I do :)
 
Back
Top