First Mod - bye bye OEM mirrors

ecka00_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Had a buddy turn down the bar end weight to accommodate mirror bracket--I didn't want to lose the bar end weights and internal dampeners. Had an issue trying to get the mirror stable but I was able to resolve. Definitely limits field of view compared to OEM but I love the look and it's legal in Ohio to have one mirror.

 
My son loves his lane splitter mirrors. When I ride one of his bikes, I can't see squat out of them.
 
I love the lane splitters too. I just have the left, works great for me. Good looking bike ecka00. It's amazing what a difference it makes just pulling off those antenna-mirrors. What's next?
 
To each his own, but I will never understand installing mirrors that reduce visibility. And why they are called lane splitters is beyond me as they actually make the bike wider which is counter intuitive because you want as much room as possible when doing that.

But I digress....
 
Randy B_imp said:
To each his own, but I will never understand installing mirrors that reduce visibility. And why they are called lane splitters is beyond me as they actually make the bike wider which is counter intuitive because you want as much room as possible when doing that.

But I digress....
Always wondered the same myself. Makes absolutely no sense.
 
I go back and forth on the OEM mirrors. They are the finest mirrors I have ever had on a bike as far as functionality and stability. I also think they look good and bring back the mid 70's CB look.
On the other hand I love the look of café bikes and the ergos suite me much better. I think the bike is great as is or a good starting point for going more sporty.
 
DGShannon_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
To each his own, but I will never understand installing mirrors that reduce visibility. And why they are called lane splitters is beyond me as they actually make the bike wider which is counter intuitive because you want as much room as possible when doing that.

But I digress....
Always wondered the same myself. Makes absolutely no sense.
Always wondered the same myself. Makes absolutely no sense.
They're called lane splitters because they fold back, compared to other bar end mirrors. Not compared to oem mirrors.
 
If you've ever split lanes then you'd know that you still need your mirrors while doing so. Folding your mirrors so you can't use them at any time while riding is a bad idea.

Now how do I get off of this soap box? Not really sure as I think my feet are welded to it.....
 
I have lane splitters on both sides, while they clean up my bars...nothing will replace the visibility of my oems...they just require a little more attentiveness
 
I had lanesplitters on my Bonnie standard and loved them for the looks but they just didnt work as well for me when it came to visibility. I ended up putting the oem mirrors back on. Ive decided to keep the stock mirrors on the cb because they work so well. But those lanesplitters sure do look good.
 
I love my OEM mirrors. Well, "love" may be a bit strong. I really like them. So much so that I have no plans to change them. I think your bike looks great with the lane splitters but if I went that route, the rear fender would have to go too! If the rear fender went, then the front would need to be changed out to a short painted fender. With the short painted fender up front, I'd need to add some gaiters. Once the gaiters went on ...

I routinely split lanes and 99% of my focus is on what's happening in front of me. No time to worry about what's behind me. The remaining 1% is to make sure another motorcyclist isn't coming up behind me.
 
How did you secure the mirror to the bar end weight? I was thinking a rubber washer in between the mirror and the bar weight but need to get my hands on longer M6 stainless bolts.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
DGShannon_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
To each his own, but I will never understand installing mirrors that reduce visibility. And why they are called lane splitters is beyond me as they actually make the bike wider which is counter intuitive because you want as much room as possible when doing that.

But I digress....
Always wondered the same myself. Makes absolutely no sense.
Always wondered the same myself. Makes absolutely no sense.
They fold in for lane splitting
 
Looks great but .... blasphemy!

This bike screams lollipop mirrors . Love them but honestly the CB can make almost anything put on it look good


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
(+1) for the lollipops so far. They come extra handy for hanging the helmet off too, ..., but watch out picking up bug carnage on the backside of the suckers. :-/
 
Rocky_imp said:
To each his own of course, but I want my mirrors up where I can see them at a glance. OEM works perfectly for me.
GoldOxide_imp said:
(+1) for the lollipops so far. They come extra handy for hanging the helmet off too, ..., but watch out picking up bug carnage on the backside of the suckers. :-/
^^ +1 OEM mirrors
 
Got the CB500 mirrors for the 2013, but when the Rabid Transit went on they got moved over to the Griso - worked great! Thinking about moving them to the 2014 (boy they would look good since it's a black bike) but for some reason the stock mirrors look fine on the 2014. Odd.
 
Back
Top