First Honda

cbfan_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
For fun, how about we post pics of our first Honda(s)?
Back in 1967 I was serving in US Coast Guard and first thing out of Boot Camp I bought 305 Super Hawk. I used to ride it from Houston to San Antonio to see my girl friend.
 
CB1100, first Honda, used to have Kawasaki's
016d25e5c422069823923b4fc88c393e.JPG

cbfan_imp said:
For fun, how about we post pics of our first Honda(s)?
Back in 1967 I was serving in US Coast Guard and first thing out of Boot Camp I bought 305 Super Hawk. I used to ride it from Houston to San Antonio to see my girl friend.
CBFan, that is a great classic picture !!
 
My first Honda was the Nighhawk 750 I bought new in '96 (and still ride today).
d96da6a39780c6e099dc99458595018c.jpg


Before that I had about 6 Kawasakis, a Yammie and even a Harley (for about 6 months).
 
Here's a pic of my 1975 CB500T, this was my first registered street bike. It was a fun bike but I would get beat by my friends Yamaha 650 special all the time until I purchased my 1977 750K :thumbsup:
 
cbfan_imp said:
For fun, how about we post pics of our first Honda(s)?
Back in 1967 I was serving in US Coast Guard and first thing out of Boot Camp I bought 305 Super Hawk. I used to ride it from Houston to San Antonio to see my girl friend.
My CB1100 is my first Honda. No need for a photo here. ;) Owned five Yamaha's, five Harley's, a Kawasaki, and three BMW's...

The Bee
 
Although not my first street bike my first Honda was a CB 160



Then I got a 67 CL 77 aka 305 Scrambler

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/67CL77Honda.jpg.html]

A lady in a 54 Buick made a left turn in front of me and I t boned her passenger door totaling the scrambler. With the insurance money I bought a 69 CB 350

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/68HondaCB350.jpg.html]

Never bonded with the 350 so got rid of it and got a 64 CB 450

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/honda_cb450_black_bomber.jpg.html]

Hated it..vibrating son of a gun so I got my first 4 cyl a 73 CB 350F


[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Honda3504.jpg.html]

Loved the I 4 so my next Honda was a 76 CB 750K


[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/76CB750.jpg.html]

My next Honda was a V 4, an 85 V65S Sabre

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Honda_Sabre-1.jpg.html]

But it was too big and heavy so I went back to an I 4 with a 2000 750 Nighthawk

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/2006_0811pixtest0020.jpg.html]

Then another V4 only this time in another direction with my 2006 ST 1300

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/2010_07180007.jpg.html]

And finally back to an I 4 with the CB 1100

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/005_zps049ed3a8.jpg.html]

I believe that was all the Hondas. Ive also had multiple Harleys, Suzukis, and Yamahas, plus a Kawasaki, a Triumph and a BSA.
 
Bought my first motorcycle, a 1975 Honda CB400Four, used in 1980 from the original owner. I still own it, but it needs a restoration. An absolutely sweet ride, never let me down. Great high school / college bike.

c0d63b6576a52c2bdd2e6c820a735c99.jpg


ee65a936c0bf34861eadd4bda2d5080b.jpg
 
I know that I have a picture of it around here somewhere, but I've searched time and again and have yet to find it. Anyway, the bike looked just like this.

36ba19d36bc31ee7f67ba7344f85cb26.jpg
 
Bought my 1978 CB400 HAWK for $400 in the early 90's Sold it for $400 in 2000. I had said I will always keep it, then when I was older and had the money I'd fix it up again. But unfortunately I needed the money and just never rode the bike, so I sold it. Tried to locate it recently and emailed the guy I sold it to, but no response.

When I saw the CB1100 I had flashbacks as it looked so much like my CB400, only a bit heavier and thicker, just like me. When I get my CB 1100, I think I'll add the highway bars, I like the look.
 
I wish I had photos of those first Hondas. In 8th grade a guy who had the hots for my sister let me ride his 150. It was a great way to get rid of me while he put the moves on her. That was the first motorized vehicle of any kind I operated. Years later I had a 75 CB550 to commute to college. Then a 2001 VFR. There were other bikes along the way, but the Hondas never disappointed.
 


I've only been riding bikes a couple years and this is my third bike after having two Kawi Vulcans. I can't say enough about how I love this bike!

Thought I'd share this picture I took from a a couple weeks ago. I love the carving in the tree.....ride safe guys/gals
 
Cool pic.. A wood wizard. nevr seen one that big. my wife has lots of little ones about. The size of your forearm.
 
My first Honda a new old stock CJ360T, 1977. After coming from a little 125 two stroke this was a godsend. Kinda on the look out to get one again. Lovely machines. I now have a 350F and you would think the four cylinder would be uber cool but my Guzzi's and 650L have made me a torque junkie and the 350F has no torque.
 
[/img]My first Honda was a red 1964 CA200, used bought from my brother
in 1964 who brought it to me in back of a 56 Chevy.
I dated my wife on it in high school , I didn't have a car.
She used to ride it "sidesaddle" some times because of the short
dresses back then. I know I have a picture of it some where but can't find it. Here is a pic. of one I restored about 25 years ago, I still have it.
One of the few pushrod motors Honda ever made.
She would do 53 mph on a good day.
 
Back
Top