First Good Ride on the New Bike

shysue2_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi Guys, Today I was able to take my CB1100 Dlx out for a decent ride and get to know the bike a little better, and I haven't changed my opinion since yesterday one bit. If anything I'm even more convinced I made the right choice in bikes. Think I'll be keeping this one a long time!

Hubby & I rode through Rio Verde, Fountain Hills, up 87 and then out past Saguaro Lake on the Bush Highway, a quick bit of freeway and then through Fountain Hills and Rio Verde again. Ended up in Cave Creek where we had lunch at Indian Village (they have great Mexican food), and then I swung by my sister's house where I had to show off my bike. Unfortunately, she loves horses (she has seven) and is not into motorcycles so she didn't really appreciate my bike. Oh well.

Got a total of 174 miles in today and had a lot of fun. Ran into some gusty wind in some spots, but it didn't really bother me on this bike for some reason.

I can see a small windshield and maybe a Corbin seat in my future though. My buns were numb after long stretches of riding on the stock seat. It's a shame because I like the looks of the stock seat, but the comfort factor is just not there for long rides. Hmmm . . . I'll have to think about that. Maybe I'll just get one of those Air Hawk seat cushions, I don't know yet.

Anyway here's some pics from the ride today:



[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/shysue/media/2014%20CB1100/DSCN1445.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/shysue/media/2014%20CB1100/DSCN1446.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/shysue/media/2014%20CB1100/DSCN1448.jpg.html]
 
Awesome Sue! We never get tired of seeing another new DLX hitting the streets!! :beerchug:

The seat seems to be a love it or hate it type of situation. I think if given enough time, you kinda get used to it.
 
Thread starter
You're probably right. It's been a while since we've been able to get out for a good long ride so . . . maybe after a few more rides I'll get used to it.
 
Great pics especially the first one ... Then again I love pics of motorcycles and mountains together.

Glad you are enjoying the new steed, and thanks for the bd well wishes.
 
Nice pics. My seat has softned quite bit at almost 2000 miles. It might take bit longer for yours since you are probably lighter than me.
 
Nice bike, nice day. Welcome aboard, Sue. You won't regret it. :)

I use an AirHawk for lengthy rides; the OEM seat on my 2011 CB is not comfortable at all after a time. The DLX one looks a whole lot better.
 
I got a Corbin and so far it is much better than the stock seat. I have yet to do more than a 200 mile ride, so I am reserving final judgement.
 
I have a little butt and the stock seat doesn't bother me. I'm glad too as I don't have to shell out for a new one! :)
 
Thread starter
Damfino_imp said:
BTW, What VIN # did you get? Did you add it to the registry yet?
I got 0279, and yep, I just added it to the registry.
Damfino_imp said:
From the way your husband is looking at your bike in the second pic, I have to ask, is he ready to trade in that Concours? :D
He does like the CB1100 but he likes his Concours, too. I don't think he's ready to let go of his Kawi yet.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I have a little butt and the stock seat doesn't bother me. I'm glad too as I don't have to shell out for a new one! :)
I agree. The price of the Corbin is enough to make me want to just get used to the seat. And I have a big butt, which is probably part of the problem, LOL.
 
Ferrets right...nice shots especially the first with the mtns in the background. We don't have topography like that down here. Looks nice! That seat will soften up over time. I don't have a lot of miles on mine yet (525), but I can already tell that it's getting softer. Ride safe Sue.
 
Looks like a great ride! I went south today, down the back way to Mt Lemmon.

If you're going to be spending a lot of time at highway speeds, a small windshield is almost a requirement. I got a Nat. Cycle Deflector which is just the right size for me. It keeps the wind off my torso so I'm not hangin' on for dear life, but the helmet stays in the breeze so the ventilation system still works.

After almost 6K miles, I've gotten used to the seat. I spent a little over 250 miles on it today and I can still walk :P I still haven't ruled out an older style wide, flat seat like the K&H or the Tiro from Samurider.
 
The bike looks great and you look right at home on it :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I've only had mine a few weeks, and have only been able to get out a couple of times, but I absolutely love it!!
 
Damfino_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I have a little butt and the stock seat doesn't bother me. I'm glad too as I don't have to shell out for a new one! :)
FTFY! ;)
FTFY! ;)
Thanks Damfino, I think...:P

As the Navy people say, Don't Ask, Don't Tell is over...its all good now! :D
 
Great pics Sue and so much pretty scenery in your area for backdrop.

Give the seat at least a couple thousand miles to break in. The seat on my '13 is better now after 3000 miles but could still be better. Probably will get it modified by Sargent soon.

I have the Puig+ screen on mine and am very happy with it. At my height, 5' 6", there is little buffeting and no pressure on my chest.
 
Great pics! Coincidentally, my wife took her first ride on my CB yesterday (she rides a CTX) she liked it except that she kept kicking the pegs when putting her feet down...just not used to the different peg position.

I have the 2013, but the seat did seem to get get more comfortable over time. Not sure if my butt just toughened or if the seat got softer. As far as the windscreen goes, I bought the Puig+ (light smoke tint) and I hated it. I appear to be the only one who has one that feels that way, though. For me, it seemed not to deflect the wind, but rather concentrated it on my chest and then direct it into my helmet. I tried several different tilt angles to no avail. I figure that I'm too tall (6'1") for this particular screen. I may try the National Cycle Deflector which my wife has on her bike, but frankly, I just got back from a week-long trip without any screen and did not have any problems. If you're interested in buying the Puig from me, let me know. There's a small scratch in it so I'd sell it cheap.
 
Nice pictures ! Sue I have a 13 and waited a season and then did A Sargent seat. It is nice they make it the way you ask. It is not
the end all but it does help a lot. (They give discounts in their off season)
 
Back
Top