Flynbulldog_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Today brought beautiful weather and clean roads up the nearest canyon so I had to take a ride on my, less than 1 week old, CB1100.
I had to report how surprised I was/am at the nimble, lithe handling of the little red CB.
The road I was on is rather tight with lots of sharp turns but aside from one corner they are just short of switchbacks.
It opens up in a few spots enough to get some speed just to slow you back down into the tight twisties again.
I just watched a Japanese Gymkhana video so that was playing out in my head as I dipped hard into each corner and twisted the right grip to fire out of the exits.
I managed to completely erase any sign of a chicken strip on the new tires.
I didn't realize how much fun I was having and just how good the bike felt until I exited the canyon and slowed down - once I relaxed I just kept repeating "WOW" inside my helmet.
The bike is light, quick, fun, and surprisingly nimble with excellent feel under hard cornering (not track speed but street speed)
I'm very impressed and very happy with my new bike. It's so much better than I thought It would be.
What a kick.
I had to report how surprised I was/am at the nimble, lithe handling of the little red CB.
The road I was on is rather tight with lots of sharp turns but aside from one corner they are just short of switchbacks.
It opens up in a few spots enough to get some speed just to slow you back down into the tight twisties again.
I just watched a Japanese Gymkhana video so that was playing out in my head as I dipped hard into each corner and twisted the right grip to fire out of the exits.
I managed to completely erase any sign of a chicken strip on the new tires.
I didn't realize how much fun I was having and just how good the bike felt until I exited the canyon and slowed down - once I relaxed I just kept repeating "WOW" inside my helmet.
The bike is light, quick, fun, and surprisingly nimble with excellent feel under hard cornering (not track speed but street speed)
I'm very impressed and very happy with my new bike. It's so much better than I thought It would be.
What a kick.

