redbirds_imp
Road warrior
We bought HJC 3/4 helmets last summer. The light weight and more air circulation are appreciated on warm days.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That seems so strange. Weather pattern here is far cooler than normal.The ferret_imp said:Redbirds, we are close to 90 here today. A good 15 degrees above normal. I also wore my ventilated leather jacket and no gloves lol. Yes, the air felt good.
Thanks MTC. I know you're right and I even have a pair of earplugs in my jacket pocket and a bunch in the garage next to the bikes. I don't know why it's so difficult for me to make it part of my routine.EmptySea_imp said:Great looking helmet, MG. and you should be wearing earplugs whenever you are on the bike (and especially when riding two up..just sayin lol)
See post #16 above. I talk about exactly this. Ah, the irony of it all! Haha. I know you're not picking on me. And, even if you were, I wouldn't mind. I don't think it necessarily follows that if you choose to wear something that offers less than full protection, you should abandon all other gear that does. In other words, it shouldn't be that if you wear a 3/4 helmet, you might as well wear t-shirts and jeans and sneakers. Wearing a 3/4 helmet doesn't mean you don't care about protection or don't know any better. It is just one more decision, one more choice, in the act of motorcycling which, itself, is inherently dangerous.ClassicVW_imp said:Not picking on anyone, certainly not my friend MG, ( and I'm probably going to get ripped... )but I'm just climbing on my soapbox.....but I find it ironic that we see photos of people wearing quality jackets, boots, riding pants and gloves but choosing to wear a 3/4 helmet and stating "I'm fully aware of the risks but choose this helmet..."
Come on guys, you'd be the first ones to rag on a t-shirt wearing crotch rocket type that zoomed past you.
I would absolutely LOVE to wear a 3/4, especially in August, but on a lot of get-offs, the rider is launched headfirst....