Finally

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
We are starting to see some color

From today's ride

4364c52f991f8a122da7de37d3dece0a.jpg


4fd3ec98097ecbecbae7085aff86166a.jpg


3fe21b4905e4686c8557808694f8a350.jpg


652ace425d30735688276d84341b24f3.jpg


d4f0d6b3e6ec93d78fc3a10db1216193.jpg


Tomorrow I am riding down to southern Ohio (Portsmouth) to meet up with Mtneers. Should be able to get some more nice color pics I hope.
 
Ferret, very nice! Enjoy your ride tomorrow. We're seeing a lot of color here, too, but it's white and will be 12" deep when I wake up tomorrow.
 
Lovely, Ferret. Saw this one last week.

 
We get 3 colors here. Green, brown, and black.
 
Randy B_imp said:
We get 3 colors here. Green, brown, and black.
It's about the same in my bit of Australia, Randy B. It was a treat to see autumn (fall) colours again.
 
Trees in my neighborhood are brown and horizontal today. Santa Ana winds are in full force.
 
The odd thing about this pic, taken today, is that the lake in the background isn't even frozen yet. We got 14" last night with more expected this coming Sunday. The final snowfall last winter hit us on May 21, so between then and now, we've only been snow-free for five months. Sheesh.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
The odd thing about this pic, taken today, is that the lake in the background isn't even frozen yet. We got 14" last night with more expected this coming Sunday. The final snowfall last winter hit us on May 21, so between then and now, we've only been snow-free for five months. Sheesh.
Yeah, the lake is still fulla energy, so it will be a little bit longer before it packs it in until the next warm season. Cold winds will accelerate that.
 
Thread starter
Five months... what a fantastic riding season (sarc off)
 
GO, that picture was taken in Scotland. Snow here yesterday.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
GO, that picture was taken in Scotland. Snow here yesterday.
I thought "here" was a typo until I did some research on Queensland weather.
I didn't think it ever snowed there. I stand to be corrected :angel:
 
Cormanus, when did you move to Scotland?

I thought there wouldn't be any leaves on the trees in Ohio by now, maybe even snow. Of course, I've never been to Ohio.
 
Thread starter
Lol where I live in Ohio we get an average of 19" of snow a year, and the vast majority of that is in Jan & Feb. I have ridden as many as 348 days out of 365. Usually do at least 300. Our leaves hang on well into November and this is the first week it's really looking like fall.
 
In term of tree foliage, maybe about the same here Ferret in southern Ontario.

Leaves on maple trees are in free fall now, but other trees like oak are still mostly green. I suspect I will be mowing the leaves for at least two more weeks.

Daily riding will come to a grinding halt, but opportunities do open windows for riding and all of it is unpredictable. It could always be worse: Riding in Rochester or Buffalo, NY in winter. :)
 
Back
Top