Finally...one in the wild

pdedse

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
I posted a few days ago about how I had never seen anyone's CB1100 "in the wild" and then today at work (Gresham, OR) I spot this beauty lurking among the parking lot pines...

7cb921069577de32a7e0d399f6f3e63a.jpg


Anyone here?
 
leave a note on the seat referencing the forum?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
leave a note on the seat referencing the forum?
Good idea! I need to make up some business cards with

"cb1100forum.com--Join us!" on one side and this on the other:

2e4c1d252f3e589f96590fc80cfb6d69.png
 
Leave them a note telling them to put the disk lock on the back of the rotor.

Where they have it, the bike can still be pushed forward off the center stand.

Anything to make theft more difficult...
 
I was leaving my local Honda dealer yesterday after getting the brake and clutch fluids drained and changed and there was another 2013 riding right by. Due to traffic, all we were able to to do was wave at each other.
 
Retsel_imp said:
Does anyone recognize the faring? It looks good.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
It looks like it might be a Puig or maybe a Givi.
 
Don't think so. Just looked up both and didn't see one like it.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
Does anyone recognize the faring? It looks good.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
It looks like it might be a Puig or maybe a Givi.
It looks like it might be a Puig or maybe a Givi.
Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
I have now experienced enough CB1100 sightings around the Portland metro area that I've actually lost count. I'm not talking about a hundred of these experiences or anything even close that number. But at somewhere around 10 or so such encounters I honestly began to lose track of how many times I had seen other CB1100's around town. I'm guessing that some were likely the same bike seen more than once. Still, it would appear that the CB1100 appealed to quite a few buyers here in the Portland area — relatively speaking of course.
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
I have now experienced enough CB1100 sightings around the Portland metro area that I've actually lost count. I'm not talking about a hundred of these experiences or anything even close that number. But at somewhere around 10 or so such encounters I honestly began to lose track of how many times I had seen other CB1100's around town. I'm guessing that some were likely the same bike seen more than once. Still, it would appear that the CB1100 appealed to quite a few buyers here in the Portland area — relatively speaking of course.
Yeah but 8 of those were of me on the black one and 4 of them were of me on the red one. Stop passing me all the time!
:biker:
 
pdedse_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
I have now experienced enough CB1100 sightings around the Portland metro area that I've actually lost count. I'm not talking about a hundred of these experiences or anything even close that number. But at somewhere around 10 or so such encounters I honestly began to lose track of how many times I had seen other CB1100's around town. I'm guessing that some were likely the same bike seen more than once. Still, it would appear that the CB1100 appealed to quite a few buyers here in the Portland area — relatively speaking of course.
Yeah but 8 of those were of me on the black one and 4 of them were of me on the red one. Stop passing me all the time!
:biker:
Yeah but 8 of those were of me on the black one and 4 of them were of me on the red one. Stop passing me all the time!
:biker:
(lol) Believe it or not, I'm not even including those bikes involved in our group ride a couple of summers ago. :angel:
 
Guth_imp said:
I have now experienced enough CB1100 sightings around the Portland metro area that I've actually lost count. I'm not talking about a hundred of these experiences or anything even close that number. But at somewhere around 10 or so such encounters I honestly began to lose track of how many times I had seen other CB1100's around town. I'm guessing that some were likely the same bike seen more than once. Still, it would appear that the CB1100 appealed to quite a few buyers here in the Portland area — relatively speaking of course.
Not surprising to me. One of the things I've noticed, whenever I visit Portland, are the number of old UJMs still running around town.
 
Spotted in Missenden Rd, Sydney today a blue CB1100. Not sure whether it was a 2010 or 2011 model, but it was the blue that is hard to distinguish from black. It was also sporting Dunlop 205s which I suspect may be original as, so far as I'm aware, they've never been available in Australia.

 
The spotted (dark?) blue Sydney stock CB1100 looks as good as it can possibly be. Good eye.

Is that dedicated motorcycle street parking?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Spotted in Missenden Rd, Sydney today a blue CB1100. Not sure whether it was a 2010 or 2011 model, but it was the blue that is hard to distinguish from black. It was also sporting Dunlop 205s which I suspect may be original as, so far as I'm aware, they've never been available in Australia.



I did not know that the CB1100 was available in 2010. But I read that is was in Japan, Australia and New Zealand, but not available in America until 2013.

The Dunlop 205s were not available in America when I bought my 2017 EX either. I spoke to the Dunlop representative in their headquarters in Akron Ohio and he said Honda in the US never ordered any. Dunlop is owned and operated by Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company in North America.
 
Still haven't seen another one. I see another one daily, if you count me seeing my own reflection in the liquor store window when I pull into the parking lot on my way home.

Also, still haven't gotten any comments on mine. I thought I was going to in a gas station a few days ago. A guy was hovering around my bike while I was gassing up. I killed my earbuds to hear what he was saying. He just wanted a few bucks, didn't care what my bike was. Oh well.
 
Back
Top