Finally...I feel like a grownup now.

misterprofessionality

Road warrior
Thread starter
My Diamonds finally came. going to get to work cutting off the pegs. Anything special I should look out for when i buy the mounting tape? I had figured I would just get the strongest most industrial grade outdoor-rated 3M tape i could find, but if there's a better product I should get, Please enlighten me.
 
Where did your order those from?
 
I would ask the car parts dealers what they would recommend.
Most of the outdoor type are too thick for this type of installation.
 
Another option would be to use a good marine adhesive. Not silicone. Me being me, I’d use 3M 4200 fast cure. If you use 5200 don’t be suprised if you can never get them off.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Another option would be to use a good marine adhesive. Not silicone. Me being me, I’d use 3M 4200 fast cure. If you use 5200 don’t be suprised if you can never get them off.
this is going to sound foolish, but i would like to be able to remove them without lasting damage to the side cover if i can.
 
Well don’t use 5200. With 4200 they will come off with work. Or maybe use Boatlife Life-caulk. Its not a caulk like for windows, but an adhesive. Not as aggressive as 4200.

Silicone would work, but won’t hold a bond long term. Don’t bond or seal fittings on boats with it.

Or maybe someone has a better suggestion for adhesives.
 
3m double sided tape! it's used in automotive application's for vehicle emblems and impact moulding comes in wide and skinny roles will never come off but can easily be removed with fishing line or carefully with thin plastic scraper if needed!
f0e65f91d9b833cb10cb22368875556c.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
That stuff is awesome!
 
Back
Top