Finally got to try the Corbin Gunfighter

Banned_imp

Been there
Thread starter
The planets magically aligned and my back pain let up enough for me to make some short rides this week on my new to me Corbin Gunfighter seat.

In total I logged just under 300km in a series of short rides, mostly around 40km in length and I have to say it is a vast improvement over the stock seat. I know from experience that I need a wider seat and the Gunfighter's built in seat bucket (I don't know the technical term, if there is one) seems like it was custom built for my butt. It is very firm and supportive and the sides don't collapse under my weight (215lbs now, down 50lbs from 265lbs a year ago) like most stock seats.

The only real complaint I have is it seems to have moved me back on the bike and increased my forward lean slightly but I have orangutan arms so I have been able to adjust.

Overall a very good investment for me.
 
I guess I'm fortunate that the stock seat has worked for me. My brother however, found the seat on his 2014 CB1100 unacceptable and replaced it with the Corbin. It's a good looking seat also.
 
Banned_imp said:
The planets magically aligned and my back pain let up enough for me to make some short rides this week on my new to me Corbin Gunfighter seat.

In total I logged just under 300km in a series of short rides, mostly around 40km in length and I have to say it is a vast improvement over the stock seat. I know from experience that I need a wider seat and the Gunfighter's built in seat bucket (I don't know the technical term, if there is one) seems like it was custom built for my butt. It is very firm and supportive and the sides don't collapse under my weight (215lbs now, down 50lbs from 265lbs a year ago) like most stock seats.

The only real complaint I have is it seems to have moved me back on the bike and increased my forward lean slightly but I have orangutan arms so I have been able to adjust.

Overall a very good investment for me.
Wow! That is quite an accomplishment. :clap:

It takes me a year to trim off 10 pounds, and one winter to put it back on. :(
 
I'm thinking of taking the plunge on the same seat. After thirty minutes of riding I'm uncomfortable. I've had my bike five months and only have 700 miles on it. First bike in over 25 years and I can't decide if it's the seat or just me. I'm 5'11" and am a fat body at 230lbs and 59 years old.

I guess my question is, is the CB seat really that bad compared to other bikes? And will the Corbin give me some relief? My goal is to take some long rides someday.
 
Banned_imp said:
The planets magically aligned and my back pain let up enough for me to make some short rides this week on my new to me Corbin Gunfighter seat.

In total I logged just under 300km in a series of short rides, mostly around 40km in length and I have to say it is a vast improvement over the stock seat. I know from experience that I need a wider seat and the Gunfighter's built in seat bucket (I don't know the technical term, if there is one) seems like it was custom built for my butt. It is very firm and supportive and the sides don't collapse under my weight (215lbs now, down 50lbs from 265lbs a year ago) like most stock seats.

The only real complaint I have is it seems to have moved me back on the bike and increased my forward lean slightly but I have orangutan arms so I have been able to adjust.

Overall a very good investment for me.

Glad it works for you and it found a good home!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
warman_imp said:
I'm thinking of taking the plunge on the same seat. After thirty minutes of riding I'm uncomfortable. I've had my bike five months and only have 700 miles on it. First bike in over 25 years and I can't decide if it's the seat or just me. I'm 5'11" and am a fat body at 230lbs and 59 years old.

I guess my question is, is the CB seat really that bad compared to other bikes? And will the Corbin give me some relief? My goal is to take some long rides someday.
Of course everybody is different. I don't mind the stock seat on my Bonneville but some can't stand it. So you just never know.

The short answer to your question (at least for me) is YES. It's really that bad.
 
warman_imp said:
I'm thinking of taking the plunge on the same seat. After thirty minutes of riding I'm uncomfortable. I've had my bike five months and only have 700 miles on it. First bike in over 25 years and I can't decide if it's the seat or just me. I'm 5'11" and am a fat body at 230lbs and 59 years old.

I guess my question is, is the CB seat really that bad compared to other bikes? And will the Corbin give me some relief? My goal is to take some long rides someday.
Try the Corbin
I m your height,4 years older even heavier.
I bought a 14 2 months ago and was lucky enough to find a slightly used Corbin
It is a vast improvement over stock seat
 
Mscb1100_imp said:
warman_imp said:
I'm thinking of taking the plunge on the same seat. After thirty minutes of riding I'm uncomfortable. I've had my bike five months and only have 700 miles on it. First bike in over 25 years and I can't decide if it's the seat or just me. I'm 5'11" and am a fat body at 230lbs and 59 years old.

I guess my question is, is the CB seat really that bad compared to other bikes? And will the Corbin give me some relief? My goal is to take some long rides someday.
Try the Corbin
I m your height,4 years older even heavier.
I bought a 14 2 months ago and was lucky enough to find a slightly used Corbin
It is a vast improvement over stock seat
Try the Corbin
I m your height,4 years older even heavier.
I bought a 14 2 months ago and was lucky enough to find a slightly used Corbin
It is a vast improvement over stock seat
Just saw there is a Corbin at buy it now of 325 or make offer on ebay
 
Mscb1100_imp said:
Mscb1100_imp said:
warman_imp said:
I'm thinking of taking the plunge on the same seat. After thirty minutes of riding I'm uncomfortable. I've had my bike five months and only have 700 miles on it. First bike in over 25 years and I can't decide if it's the seat or just me. I'm 5'11" and am a fat body at 230lbs and 59 years old.

I guess my question is, is the CB seat really that bad compared to other bikes? And will the Corbin give me some relief? My goal is to take some long rides someday.
Try the Corbin
I m your height,4 years older even heavier.
I bought a 14 2 months ago and was lucky enough to find a slightly used Corbin
It is a vast improvement over stock seat
Try the Corbin
I m your height,4 years older even heavier.
I bought a 14 2 months ago and was lucky enough to find a slightly used Corbin
It is a vast improvement over stock seat
Just saw there is a Corbin at buy it now of 325 or make offer on ebay
Try the Corbin
I m your height,4 years older even heavier.
I bought a 14 2 months ago and was lucky enough to find a slightly used Corbin
It is a vast improvement over stock seat
Just saw there is a Corbin at buy it now of 325 or make offer on ebay
I saw it too and offered $300.00 which the buyer accepted. I guess I can always sell it if it doesn't work out for me. Wasn't crazy about the two-tone colors, but I think I can overlook it.
 
warman_imp said:
Mscb1100_imp said:
Mscb1100_imp said:
warman_imp said:
I'm thinking of taking the plunge on the same seat. After thirty minutes of riding I'm uncomfortable. I've had my bike five months and only have 700 miles on it. First bike in over 25 years and I can't decide if it's the seat or just me. I'm 5'11" and am a fat body at 230lbs and 59 years old.

I guess my question is, is the CB seat really that bad compared to other bikes? And will the Corbin give me some relief? My goal is to take some long rides someday.
Try the Corbin
I m your height,4 years older even heavier.
I bought a 14 2 months ago and was lucky enough to find a slightly used Corbin
It is a vast improvement over stock seat
Try the Corbin
I m your height,4 years older even heavier.
I bought a 14 2 months ago and was lucky enough to find a slightly used Corbin
It is a vast improvement over stock seat
Just saw there is a Corbin at buy it now of 325 or make offer on ebay
Try the Corbin
I m your height,4 years older even heavier.
I bought a 14 2 months ago and was lucky enough to find a slightly used Corbin
It is a vast improvement over stock seat
Just saw there is a Corbin at buy it now of 325 or make offer on ebay
I saw it too and offered $300.00 which the buyer accepted. I guess I can always sell it if it doesn't work out for me. Wasn't crazy about the two-tone colors, but I think I can overlook it.
Try the Corbin
I m your height,4 years older even heavier.
I bought a 14 2 months ago and was lucky enough to find a slightly used Corbin
It is a vast improvement over stock seat
Just saw there is a Corbin at buy it now of 325 or make offer on ebay
I saw it too and offered $300.00 which the buyer accepted. I guess I can always sell it if it doesn't work out for me. Wasn't crazy about the two-tone colors, but I think I can overlook it. You should be ok at that price
If you end up liking it a local upholstery shop should be able recover it to suit you
 
Thread starter
mtneers_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
The planets magically aligned and my back pain let up enough for me to make some short rides this week on my new to me Corbin Gunfighter seat.

In total I logged just under 300km in a series of short rides, mostly around 40km in length and I have to say it is a vast improvement over the stock seat. I know from experience that I need a wider seat and the Gunfighter's built in seat bucket (I don't know the technical term, if there is one) seems like it was custom built for my butt. It is very firm and supportive and the sides don't collapse under my weight (215lbs now, down 50lbs from 265lbs a year ago) like most stock seats.

The only real complaint I have is it seems to have moved me back on the bike and increased my forward lean slightly but I have orangutan arms so I have been able to adjust.

Overall a very good investment for me.

Glad it works for you and it found a good home!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad it works for you and it found a good home!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hey Ron, what is about the K&H seat that you like better than the Corbin? Other than the looks that is, I definitely think the K&H is a better looking seat but I would be scared that it isn't wide enough.

I put another 250km on Sat on the Corbin and I have to say for me it is pretty close to the perfect seat.
 
W/R:
I couldn’t ride more than 50-60 miles before I had to get off the bike and get the circulation going again. I like
to ride to the point where I decide to take a break and my butt doesn’t intervene. I took a day drip the other day and rode 445 miles/716 kilometers. That’s something I never would have attempted on the stock or Corbin seat. It doesn’t seem wider. It puts you a little closer to bars than the Corbin. My riding buddy has a cb 1100 with a Corbin and added risers because the seat puts him back further.
The Daytona Cozy seems to have just a little more padding.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Yes, that is my riding style as well - or was prior to my back injury and hopefully will be again after my surgery in Nov.

So for the most part your problem with the Corbin was more in regards to where it placed you on the bike (ie too far from the bars) as opposed to the actual butt comfort of the seat?

I ask as with my ape arms the farther back position still works for me but if the actual seat is far more comfortable itself I might upgrade/crossgrade? to the Daytona.
 
I rode with the stock seat about a week before taking it to an upholstery shop for additional foam. That helped the sliding forward feeling I had with the OEM seat. I now have the Corbin Gunslinger seat and even with an extra layer of foam, the Airhawk bladder and sheepskin, it still is too firm. Because the seat is wider, I get more support for my butt; however, the seat feels like a wider board. I'll be buying more foam my next trip to Wally World.
 
Back
Top