Ferret's slowing down.

I never really knew what kidney stones were, just that they are painful. So I had to google it...ouch! Hoping you are OK soon.
 
Django_imp said:
Too bad! I know that pain as I had kidney stones at the age of 13. They got that fixed and one hint to avoid kidney stones was to drink a lot of beer. I'm still hanging on, no more problems so far...

Wish you all the best! Don't let it bring you down.
I agree with Django , I had Mr. Heineken as my Doctor and never had any kidney stones , just bad hangovers . Hangovers are a good thing because it means that you had a good time the night before !
 
Thread starter
Well, I had the surgery this morning and came out from the anesthesia with horrible pain. 2 doses of Morphine and its tolerable now. May get to go home today. They placed a stint in there that I have to come back and have removed next week. Urine looks like a bloody mary lol. Mainly groggy right now.

Not riding today
 
It looks like now, the bloody stone has a wider, through stent, passage to leave your urinary system = fast, easy and forever!
 
Thread starter
I feel like I have been run over by a truck this morning. So sore all over. At least I'm back in my own house and sleeping without a bunch or wires and an IV sticking in my arm, and waking me every 4 hours to get vital signs taken. Still hurts like heck to take a wizz. Hopefully on the mend. I do miss the morphine lol.
 
Feel better soon Ferret. I had a kidney stone once in my 30's. Terrible pain one night and just when I was about to go to the hospital it stopped. About a week later had trouble going when all of the sudden that thing shot out and the dam broke (that one's for you suhawk). Was like a little olive pit, lord knows how I passed it. Fortunately it's never happened again.
 
Thread starter
Bazbro_imp said:
I thought they shattered these with ultrasound these days? Or am I confuserised??

I'm not sure how he busted it up, I was under anesthesia. I'll find out more info when I go back in and have the stint removed.

I've had one other kidney stone about 3 years ago, but that time I was on my motorcycle. Bad experience. That one I passed on my own after about 8 hours of misery lol

Rough ride and night last night.
 
Get well Mr. Ferret! We need our Realm Defender :)
 
ferret, At least you’re home now with great care. You need to behave or else! Wishing you a continued recovery.

BTW: what that wise guy KiowaEagle didn’t tell you that he drank a 12 pack of expired Ortlieb‘s Beer to pass his stone. No stone could survive that onslaught!
 
is it a soft stone or a hard stone ? .. they are treated differently.. I had a soft stone years ago.. I had a stent stuck up there for about one month.. had to watch my ph levels.. controlled it through taking bicarbonate of soda.. this then dissolved it in a months time had to drink tons of water.. my days were well planned.. I knew where all of the bathrooms were in my daily travels..

Chuckk ..
 
Back
Top