the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
Since the demise of the ST, been looking for a new 2 up sport tourer. There are only 2 that qualify IMO. The BMW R1200RT and the Yamaha FJR 1300. My local dealer that I've bought a bunch of bikes from Beechmont Yamaha is a Yammie dealer so this was a no brainer for me.
TA DA! 2018 Yamaha FJR 1300
Grandkids # 3 & 4 (of 5) helped me pick it up lol
I took the long way home which included riding "the Loop" (all new bikes that come to my house ride "the Loop" first day)
A lot different than the ST. Kinda like a big full dressed liquid cooled shaft drive CB1100 lol. 25 horses more and 80 pounds less than the ST. A bit taller, but I had the seat cut down on the ST and will have the same guy do this one. Need to get a trunk but waffling on brand and size. Any suggestions?
I've always said my favorite motor is the liter + inline 4. This bike should be riight up my ally.
TA DA! 2018 Yamaha FJR 1300
Grandkids # 3 & 4 (of 5) helped me pick it up lol
I took the long way home which included riding "the Loop" (all new bikes that come to my house ride "the Loop" first day)
A lot different than the ST. Kinda like a big full dressed liquid cooled shaft drive CB1100 lol. 25 horses more and 80 pounds less than the ST. A bit taller, but I had the seat cut down on the ST and will have the same guy do this one. Need to get a trunk but waffling on brand and size. Any suggestions?
I've always said my favorite motor is the liter + inline 4. This bike should be riight up my ally.

