Ferret gets a new ride

Nice, ferret! Great color choice. I rode one of those during the demo days and was so impressed with its smoothness. It feels like it's milled form a solid chunk of billet. Enjoy! :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys. Took 2 rides on it today. So different than the ST. Of course spent 10 years and 110,000 miles on the ST. It's like learning how to ride all over again lol. How much gas do I give it? when do I start to lean? how far can I lean? When do I start braking? How hard can I brake? When do I upshift? when do I down shift? you know, things you take for granted after a while on a bike. I'll get used to it.
 
Congrats on the new FJR, Mickey! I was looking one over at the dealership a few weeks ago. Beautiful bike. If I was going to bite the bullet and get a sport-tourer, that would be it.
 
Sweet and Congrats , guess the CB will be collecting dust for a while now.
love the smell of a new motorcycle cooling off .....
 
Enjoy your new bike! New bikes are always refreshing until you are used to them. Only than you will find out how refreshing they really are.

On one of my trips in Norway I crossed ways several times with a Dutch rider on his FJR 1300, one of the early models. He rode it all the time and didn't have a car. The bike has run more than 150.000km without any problems year in and out. Wish you luck with it, you will certainly have.

Wisedrum
 
Congratulations, it’s a great bike, I put 50k on a 2008. I had a Givi 47 L top case on mine, I found that it always had plenty of room for my stuff. Enjoy!
 
Congrats .. love that color .. looks almost like a matte blue . Really nice . I see a lot of miles in your future on this bike !

Enjoy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Very cool . Nothing like a brand new one! Good luck and start chewing up those miles. Looking forward to a full report!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Yep, new bike smell lol

Rode it over to the lake this morning with Mrs Ferret riding pillion. I'm starting to get a better feel for it. The electronics still baffle me. Tough being a 20th century guy on a 21st century bike lol

b8c295b41d185ade7a76b49daf7de122.jpg


Tomorrow I'm riding the CB. Going to feel like a super motard I'm thinking. There's only a 60 pound difference between them, but the FJR seems huge by comparison.



.
 
I'll wager the electronic gizmos on my RT are even more confounding. The intention was good but the execution is absolutely baffling! When the battery or electronic key fob dies, I'll be in deep doo-doo.
 
Way to go Mickey! As far as a rear top box I strongly recommend SHAD. Many different sizes and interchangeable top color panel. I have the 48 liter on my R1200R.....great prices here Cli-maxridinggear.com
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
I'll wager the electronic gizmos on my RT are even more confounding. The intention was good but the execution is absolutely baffling! When the battery or electronic key fob dies, I'll be in deep doo-doo.
:rofl: they probably are. This is the basic A model and not the hyper ES model. Suspension is set manually although there are a ton of buttons and knobs for me to figure out for that. Getting the menu set up how I like is challenging to say the least even after reading the manual and watching a youtube vid. I'm on my third attempt now. Getting closer lol
 
That’s a great machine for mile munching, and is a spirited performer as well, best of luck!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top