ferret down

The ferret_imp said:
37 miles on the CB today and 32 on the FJR. Felt weird to ride the FJR. Decided to lower weight of it before the ride and decided to remove all the luggage. Had a heck of a time getting the right saddle bag off (the one I fell on) something must be out of line back there. oh well. lol

Good for you! Back in the saddle! Congratulations


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The ferret_imp said:
37 miles on the CB today and 32 on the FJR. Felt weird to ride the FJR. Decided to lower weight of it before the ride and decided to remove all the luggage. Had a heck of a time getting the right saddle bag off (the one I fell on) something must be out of line back there. oh well. lol
Feel much different without luggage?
 
Thread starter
Thanks Flyn

SportsterDoc_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
37 miles on the CB today and 32 on the FJR. Felt weird to ride the FJR. Decided to lower weight of it before the ride and decided to remove all the luggage. Had a heck of a time getting the right saddle bag off (the one I fell on) something must be out of line back there. oh well. lol
Feel much different without luggage?
Doc, I think it feels different. The saddlebags weigh 15# each empty and the Givi trunk weighs 10 # pounds empty, so that's a weight reduction of 40 #, but it also felt different riding the FJR which is taller, longer, wider, heavier and much more powerful. Compared to the CB1100 it takes more effort to lean into a curve and more strength to hold the line through the curve. Even though the FJR is a sport tourer, it still likes long freeway rides better than curvy roads Imo. It's not a slouch on curvy roads for a near 650 pound machine, but it's still not a skinny, lightweight sportbike lol.
 
Yep. I rode my F800GT (450 lbs) up Berthoud Pass yesterday and rode the R1200RT (600 lbs) up Loveland Pass today. One bike feels feather-light, zippy, agile, and alive, while the other feels steady, stable, deliberate, and planted. Same size wheels and tires. Both are good but clearly different.
 
Yep I understand the difference in the feeling.

I rode both of mine about a hundred miles today.

First I road with MTC and his group to Livermore Kentucky on the K1600.

Then I came back and got the CB out for the first time since April put some air in the tire and the away she went to the distinguished gentleman's ride.

749efb1243c3f0986ddc3209a80ea0ce.jpg
 
Mr. Ferrett, I just stumbled onto this thread. I’m so sorry that you took a tumble but am happy to see that you are on the mend and keeping on with life. Be safe out there, all!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You been off riding all that while, Bob? I saw a couple of mentions of travelling.
 
Thread starter
50 miles on the FJR today.
 
Thread starter
Good news, went back to ortho doc today. More xrays showed my arm basically healed. He was surprised by my range of motion, which I have worked hard on, and lack of pain. Gave me the OK to ride on our upcoming Men's Trip starting Monday. Back to West Virginia and some crazy curvy roads.

Will try hard not to fall off this time lol.
 
Woo Hoo!! :clap: :celebrate:
 
So sorry to hear about your crash. This stuff happens very fast. I put my Concours in a ditch on the Dragon in 2008. Lucky I did not get hurt worse and only ended up with a fractured scapula which healed on its own. Hang in there!
 
Thread starter
Thanks all. Rode the CB over to a Gastroenterologist appt for this pesky colitis this afternoon and got drowned coming home lol

Spec Ed ..the Dragon has bit quite a few. Glad you weren't badly hurt. Did you plummet or go down on the high side of the road? PS Welcome to the forum. Go over to new members and introduce yourself
 
Do we need a new thread called "Ferret up"?

So good to hear you're out and about and getting wet again.
 
Back
Top