ferret down

Congrats! Good to hear that you're up and not down...now, what is that tower in the background?
 
The A-man_imp said:
Glad to hear you're "back in the saddle" Ferret! Now be careful, take your time in getting your "sea legs" back!
“Sea legs”? They’re in Chicago.
 
It's early here - I was metaphorically challenged. Didn't want to wish him a case of "saddle butt" after all he's been thru!
 
So glad to read that you’re back in the saddle again, out where a friend is a friend. :biker:

Speaking of friends, I had a pre-ride dinner last night with Cheryl, Glen, Laura, and Mike Who You’ve Yet To Meet, and they all (excepting Mike) where asking about you. I had not read this good news yesterday, so I will happily relay it to them over breakfast.
 
Thread starter
Thanks all!


pdedse_imp said:
Congrats! Good to hear that you're up and not down...now, what is that tower in the background?
That is the cooling tower for the William H Zimmer electric generating power plant in Moscow (Ohio). It was originally supposed to be a nuclear plant, but for some reason that didn't work out and it was converted to coal. It is located about 1/2 thru my favorite loop, which I rode yesterday. Any meaningful local ride for me includes one of the roads in this loop. All mew bikes get taken on this loop on their first ride. A first ride after a long absence had to be on this loop.

William H. Zimmer Power Station - Wikipedia
 
Thread starter
Thanks

121 miles of this today with my son and a nephew in from Nevada

b88e30388e8b92ae200b04c9f477568f.jpg


4596fd8cde1583c17b54c3c9191274e6.jpg


08b4eb258c11ddefedf820fae83427ff.jpg


094f06d64a012901c0501d2b8f9b3a8f.jpg


as you can tell they kind of gapped me today

Good day, kind of tired and sore lol
 
Hello, I picked a good time to check in on the doin's around here. Way to go, ferret! If I'm half the rider at your age that you are, I'll consider myself a success. That is totally solid.
 
Thread starter
No Suhawk, I have sat on it, but havent ridden it. I need to get some strength back for that I think.
 
Ferret , glad to see you have recovered well and riding again after the mishap.. Just saw this thread today , I have been away from the forum for a month or so...
 
Thread starter
37 miles on the CB today and 32 on the FJR. Felt weird to ride the FJR. Decided to lower weight of it before the ride and decided to remove all the luggage. Had a heck of a time getting the right saddle bag off (the one I fell on) something must be out of line back there. oh well. lol
 
Back
Top