ferret down

Years ago, I founded and organized annual group Saddlesore 1000 events in Colorado. At our 2009 Finisher's Award Banquet in Crested Butte, CO, we celebrated the 80th birthday of one of our finishers. He was a Goldwing rider and had just completed his third 1000/24 in three years with us. These were challenging events -- no freeways or interstates on the route.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Thanks Dsan. THe arm is healing pretty well I think. For some reason my right knee is giving me fits. It locked up again Saturday, and I could not bend, it, straighten it, or put weight on it without extreme pain. Going to get an MRI on it and see if anything shows up. AF far as I know, my knees were not injured in the fall itself, so I have no idea what is going on. I am just less than 3 weeks post fall at this point, so know I have a few more weeks to go before I can ride again, but man it's killing me just sitting around.

Emulick at 76 if you are still riding at all you have my utmost admiration. Doubt that I will make 76 on 2 wheels, but we will see. A corvette doesn't sound like a bad substitute to me lol
Hang in there Mick. What I love here is that some older guys would crash and say, "Sc*** this, I quit!" You crash and get injured and your first thought is "How long till I can start riding again?" Excellent.

Chip
 
I had my bad motorcycle accident when I was 17 back in 1971. As a passenger, my friend stuck us between two tractor trailers going in the opposite direction at 60 km/h each.
Suffered double fracture to my L thigh and smashed knee + infection and complications, resulting in 4 operations within 3 yers that influenced/missed my school. Rode motorcycle again as soon as I could, no fear.
Said that, I would say that everybody recovers at different speed and success, depending on injury seriousness, age, emotion, trauma, family and friends support.... Time heals most if not all your wounds.
Get well everybody and stay cool.
:)
 
Mickey I am not a doctor
and did not stay in a holiday inn

but you need to walk buddy
5 miles a day is the best thing one do for knee arthritis
I do 5 every day no matter where I am or whatever the weather condition
trust me buddy
 
No, not good, due to NO update about Ferret recovery:huh:
So, make the long story short: Ferret, forum members need your recovery update, and when will you start riding regularly ? Roughly of course, please

...................................................CB :biker: Ferret :biker: FJR .................................................
 
I don’t think the Ferret is yet fully recovered. He should be out of his sling and strengthening his arm, but he’s a week or so to go.
 
Hope you’re feeling better too, Josh.
 
Thread starter
Banned_imp said:
Is your knee feeling any better Mickey?

Yes I am out of the sling and using the arm pretty well. DOn't think it will be an issue. I have an appt with ortho elbow doc the Friday before the trip just to make sure I am good to go, but I plan on starting to ride the day after I get home from this trip

Funny thing about the knees. They havent been good for a long time, although ortho knee doc says I'm not ready for replacements yet.

Yesterday we picnic'd at Capitol Reef National Park. For some reason I sat with my left leg bent and left ankle on top of right thigh while eating lunch. When I stood up sharp pain in the left knee ( guess it didnt like being twisted?) anyhow it became too painful to put any weight on it, too painfuk to walk, couldn't bend it. My wife drove me back to the motel, I took a left over pain pill from the arm, and went to bed. When I woke up this morning it was better and I could limp along using a cane. At least I can function. My wife hiked down into the hoodoos at Bryce today, while I waited at the top for her return. Funny the gal with 2 replacemnt knees and a replacement hip can walk better than I can. Wait... That's not funny! We are cutting this vaca a day short and heading home day after tomorrow and I will try and get an appt with ortho knee doc and see what's going on.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
Is your knee feeling any better Mickey?

Yes I am out of the sling and using the arm pretty well. DOn't think it will be an issue. I have an appt with ortho elbow doc the Friday before the trip just to make sure I am good to go, but I plan on starting to ride the day after I get home from this trip

Funny thing about the knees. They havent been good for a long time, although ortho knee doc says I'm not ready for replacements yet.

Yesterday we picnic'd at Capitol Reef National Park. For some reason I sat with my left leg bent and left ankle on top of right thigh while eating lunch. When I stood up sharp pain in the left knee ( guess it didnt like being twisted?) anyhow it became too painful to put any weight on it, too painfuk to walk, couldn't bend it. My wife drove me back to the motel, I took a left over pain pill from the arm, and went to bed. When I woke up this morning it was better and I could limp along using a cane. At least I can function. My wife hiked down into the hoodoos at Bryce today, while I waited at the top for her return. Funny the gal with 2 replacemnt knees and a replacement hip can walk better than I can. Wait... That's not funny! We are cutting this vaca a day short and heading home day after tomorrow and I will try and get an appt with ortho knee doc and see what's going on.
Of course she can walk better, she's got newer parts than you do. :D

Sorry to hear the knees are giving you trouble. I can relate. Thanks to football (left knee) and motorcycles (right knee), I've had shredded cartilage on both sides since I was 18. Mystery weird knee issues pop up when I least expect them. I've been advised to put up with it as long as possible before getting them replaced.
 
Thread starter
Yea thats whats happenin flyn, good description, mystery weird knee issues. One day the left is good and the right is acting weird. Another day the left is good and the right is acting weird. I don't think it has anything to do with dropping the FJR, but some of it could, or it could just be an accumulation of injuries creeping up on me as I age.
 
Thread starter
Ferret's back up :banana::excited::celebrate:

Took the CB out for my first ride in 36 long days (ugg). Only did 30 miles but it felt so good to be back on 2 wheels.

Could tell left wrist, elbow and shoulder were weak. Right hand curves were precision, lefts not so much lol. Not bad, just not razor sharp lines. Was hard to put and hold proper pressure on the left side of the bar. The strength will come back, in due time. Regardless, so happy to be back on 2 :biker:.

Going riding with my son and a nephew in from Nevada tomorrow morning.

35ab7e854d4ff54ba5b3ab2e65b6e3ce.jpg


408e978d0d2f6f442a12378803778675.jpg
 
Great news!
 
Back
Top