ferret down

Ben70_imp said:
Well, your last post sounded better. Between you and Josh there is a lot of positive thought radiating in both your directions. Heal quick, and we won't make you eat fish.

Ben
Or onions!
 
Wow, I just read this (actually I started it and thought it was a joke title since you started off about going to the south on a trip). Sorry about your injury Ferret!
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
Well, your last post sounded better. Between you and Josh there is a lot of positive thought radiating in both your directions. Heal quick, and we won't make you eat fish.

Ben
Or onions!
Or onions! Or cheese
Or onions! Or cheese Or Mexican
Or onions! Or cheese Or Mexican
like i said you guys are the best lol :thumbsup:

ok went to ortho knee doc today. he said i had fluid on the left knee and he drained that. got cortisone shots to both knees. ortho doc felt i was having a gout like reaction (never heard of that until offroad mentioned it the other day weird) but apparently after trauma your body sends out a signal much like gout that it doesn't want to be touched..or moved (much like gout) so i got meds for that, and one for some nausea i have been having due to the pain meds,. so for tonight i can get up and down in chairs, at table and bed without wife's help, or screaming in pain, and I no longer have the extreme pain i was in. lets see what it's like a couple days in.

i knew this all that's wrong with you is a cracked elbow was too good to be true lol.

and i sent a scathing email to hospital about their emergency room
 
Thread starter
yes sir, a good thing indeed.

asked my son if he could exercise my bikes a bit while I'm down. he said yes. good son !
 
Good news on the pain reduction, Ferret. I hope it continues. Just don't get gout. I suspect (but have no real knowledge) that anti-inflammatory drugs are about the worst thing one could take with colitis.
 
I have a hunch the folks in some E.R.s may have a biased attitude regarding victims of motorcycle mayhem. I had lunch with a guy that was a responder who said "we call those guys donors" when a group of loud bikes went by.
Obviously, risk avoidance, or the lack of it, is something they deal with on a daily basis. Just because we do everything right in our own minds to be safe as possible, it's like cave diving, sky diving, etc. Activities which add spice to life but are technically avoidable hazards.
None of which is to excuse the lack of proper care which you have described.
Ever notice the clot of nurses smoking 25 feet from the side door at your local hospital?
Heal fast!

Ben
 
Thread starter
:dodgy: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Mick

in 2 minutes it will be one week since the incident. A week already.

Hopefully in 5 more weeks I will be riding :excited:
 
Our gang leaves for the Smoky Mountains one month from today. We had a cancellation, Mickey. If you rehab faster than scheduled, you're more than welcome to join us.
 
Thread starter
Oct 8 is our Fall Mens trip to West Virginia. That will probably be my first ride post- drop, but thanks for the offer Sea.
 
Wow.... I’ve been gone too long. I read the title about Ferret going down and not once did I think it was what it was...until I read it. Mickie, I’ll add my prayers that you heal well and quickly. Quirky things happen... it just too bad you got hurt like you did. I dropped my Harley in a marina parking lot a few months after I bought it a number of years ago. It suffered a dent in the tank, a broken brake lever, and some scratches on the pipes. It was all fixed like new except the scratches... they’re not big or bad so I just decided to leave them there as a reminder of my dumb luck. So heal well and when the time is right, you’ll get the Yamaha fixed. Wait a minute... YAMAHA? Man, I really have been gone a while. Is this the same forum and the same Ferrett????
 
Thread starter
Lol. Well where ya been? The rag busuiness cant be going that crazy?

Brakes went out on the ST on May 11 th while my wife and I were on an anniversary ride. Just locked up, no warning. I put 109,900 miles on that bike. It was a good one ( except for that brake locking up thing). Sold it, and bought a new Yamaha FJR on June 16 th. Dropped it turning around in a paking lot on a trip to West Virginia on August 22nd on it's second out of town trip. Won't get to ride again until Oct 8 th .... maybe.

Thanks for the well wishes friend, and try to find a little more time for us if you can
 
Back
Top