Feet. .. mine are huge... help

B166er_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
So, size 15s. I also wear very large boots. Often steel toed. Shifting is at times not the smoothest. I usually feel like I'm only shifting with the side of my boot and getting my foot into shift position blows.

any ideas?
 
Thread starter
Tech at the dealership said that the shifter lever was attached to a spline and once removed, could be positioned one spline (or more) clockwise?
 
B166,

The tech is correct, but you can adjust the lever by adjusting the rod. That is the service manual way. Loosen the nuts (one is reverse threaded) and turn the rod. I'd do that first. I did it that way.

PS I have little feet, can't help you with that...
 
Thread starter
Thanks gents. Incremental changes will turn this amazing machine into something even more mine.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
Look at Knight Design pegs. They lower it 1.25 inches maybe more. Adjust brake and shift levers. Not much more I know of. Aim sure dealer will be useless if like most dealers.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
This will probably be obvious, but you have to completely remove the shifter from the shaft to rotate it. You can leave the linkage connected. Its also best to completely remove the pinch bolt vs. just loosening it.
 
Thread starter
Nothing is completely obvious to me Spaceman. However, thinking of a splined shaft from a steering wheel, I figured as much. Nice to know the linkage can stay in tact.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
You beat me to it Greg. I remember you wrote that excellent advice.
 
Either that or you disobey the three rules of robotics. Are you perhaps a human-slaying robot?

I too want to lower my pegs, which would gain some clearance from the shifter for sure. Elipten's choice of pegs look good and lower them quite a bit without affecting ground clearance tremendously.
 
Back
Top