Feedback Welcomed

rdprdp01

Administrator
Thread starter
Please post your suggestions on this Forum. It will be easier for me to manage if you post one suggestion per thread.

When you post a suggestion, I will do the analysis and determine if it is doable or not and how much it will cost if there is an incremental charge.

Once a month, I will post a summary of the suggestions received and vetted then ask the Members to provide feedback. I am more interested in being a supporter of the Forum than its owner, even if I am paying the bills. Because I own a company and have other commitments, I need to balance enhancements with an already difficult schedule. I will try to fix any bugs you flag upon demand, but enhancements or new features will need to follow a formal development process. I do not want to break a good base which you have helped create.


It is our Forum, not mine. Your voice matters and it is pleasure to be of service to a good crew.
 
rdprdp01 said:
Please post your suggestions on this Forum. It will be easier for me to manage if you post one suggestion per thread.

When you post a suggestion, I will do the analysis and determine if it is doable or not and how much it will cost if there is an incremental charge.

Once a month, I will post a summary of the suggestions received and vetted then ask the Members to provide feedback. I am more interested in being a supporter of the Forum than its owner, even if I am paying the bills. Because I own a company and have other commitments, I need to balance enhancements with an already difficult schedule. I will try to fix any bugs you flag upon demand, but enhancements or new features will need to follow a formal development process. I do not want to break a good base which you have helped create.


It is our Forum, not mine. Your voice matters and it is pleasure to be of service to a good crew.

I have seen a like button on the bottom of posts on other forums I frequent and I have always thought that was something that was missing here. Is that something that is a reasonable ask?
 
Thread starter
Randy B said:
rdprdp01 said:
Please post your suggestions on this Forum. It will be easier for me to manage if you post one suggestion per thread.

When you post a suggestion, I will do the analysis and determine if it is doable or not and how much it will cost if there is an incremental charge.

Once a month, I will post a summary of the suggestions received and vetted then ask the Members to provide feedback. I am more interested in being a supporter of the Forum than its owner, even if I am paying the bills. Because I own a company and have other commitments, I need to balance enhancements with an already difficult schedule. I will try to fix any bugs you flag upon demand, but enhancements or new features will need to follow a formal development process. I do not want to break a good base which you have helped create.


It is our Forum, not mine. Your voice matters and it is pleasure to be of service to a good crew.

I have seen a like button on the bottom of posts on other forums I frequent and I have always thought that was something that was missing here. Is that something that is a reasonable ask?

Good morning. It is completely reasonable. To add a like, I have to build what is called a Plug-In. Sadly and surprisingly, MyBB does not include this standard feature in its code base. However, it can be added. I would like to defer that development until we gather other feature enhancements and roll them out together. Take care, David
 
David here's how the banner shows up on my Dell PC screen

KTIpKt3.jpg


it's fine on my Samsung tablet
 
Same on my MacBook

Living with it :)
 
Milord and Ferret, try clearing the cache of your browser and restarting your computer and see whether that changes things.
 
Thread starter
the Ferret said:
David here's how the banner shows up on my Dell PC screen

OBbNeK1.jpg


it's fine on my Samsung tablet

Good morning, boss,

I believe if you open your browser and clear your cache, the banner will load properly. Depending on the browser you use, that clearing can happen by accessing

History then data then clear cached files

If you tell me what browser you are using, I will send you more detailed
instructions with screen shots. I am traveling for a few hours but can complete this assignment in the evening.

Have a great weekend. They are making me power down my phone. Please pardon any typos.

David
 
rdprdp01 said:
the Ferret said:
David here's how the banner shows up on my Dell PC screen

OBbNeK1.jpg


it's fine on my Samsung tablet

Good morning, boss,

I believe if you open your browser and clear your cache, the banner will load properly. Depending on the browser you use, that clearing can happen by accessing

History then data then clear cached files

If you tell me what browser you are using, I will send you more detailed
instructions with screen shots. I am traveling for a few hours but can complete this assignment in the evening.

Have a great weekend. They are making me power down my phone. Please pardon any typos.

David

I am running Chrome. I cleared my files and pictures cache and restarted. It did not fix the issue.
 
Cormanus said:
Milord and Ferret, try clearing the cache of your browser and restarting your computer and see whether that changes things.

Did the job for me.  Thanks Cormanus!!
 
I did it at work  :P
 
Thread starter
Randy B said:
rdprdp01 said:
the Ferret said:
David here's how the banner shows up on my Dell PC screen

OBbNeK1.jpg


it's fine on my Samsung tablet

Good morning, boss,

I believe if you open your browser and clear your cache, the banner will load properly. Depending on the browser you use, that clearing can happen by accessing

History then data then clear cached files

If you tell me what browser you are using, I will send you more detailed
instructions with screen shots. I am traveling for a few hours but can complete this assignment in the evening.

Have a great weekend. They are making me power down my phone. Please pardon any typos.

David

I am running Chrome. I cleared my files and pictures cache and restarted. It did not fix the issue.

Please restart your computer and try again when you have time. I cleared the cache on the server, too, just in case it was maintaining an “old” session connection between it and your computer. If that does not work, please send me a PM for a day and time that would work for us to get on a Zoom call. It is working for other Members and me, so I am confident in the Theme template. What I am not confident about is my ability to reset something unique to your login. ? I am completely confident you have done everything right, but it would help me debug things on my end if I can see both devices. At your convenience, if it is necessary. Just send me a PM and we will connect at a day and time that works for you. Sorry about the annoying issue. David
 
Thread starter
Cormanus said:

Copy. I will have to rework a few things to prevent everything from distorting. Will have it available for consideration when we ask the members to select the header image. David
 
rdprdp01 said:
Cormanus said:

Copy. I will have to rework a few things to prevent everything from distorting. Will have it available for consideration when we ask the members to select the header image. David

The header is now displaying the correct size for me on the computer now.

I also used an Imgur linked photo and it scaled properly and is not 65x the size of the screen.
 
The header now is displayed correctly for me too after rebooting my computer
 
Thread starter
I am delighted, gentlemen. David
 
I have it on a Samsung Galaxy S9FE tablet, an old Dell desktop running Windows 10 and a new Hewlet Packard laptop. All look good, proportionate for the screen, etc. Nice work. Thank you.
 
I had another thought...

What is the possibility of enabling dark mode? I much prefer it as I'm sure a lot of guys do.
 
Back
Top