Father/Son motorcycle photo thread.

ChipBeck_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Gentlemen,

Our moderator Mick has lots of seat time with his son and I'm sure many of you do as well. Post up some photos of you motorcycling with your son or daughter, both vintage and current. We want to see them. I started my son Charley riding at 12 months on an electric quad with plastic tires. At age two I bought him his first Honda, a Z-50 that weighed about 4 times as much as he did so I built training wheels for it and governed it to 5 mph. By age 5 he was off the training wheels and hauling butt on that little Honda. His next bikes were an XR-50, XR-70, XR-100, and his current dirt bike is a Honda CRF-250X (identical to mine). His current street bike is a Ducati 796 and we ride together quite a bit when he comes home to visit from Texas A&M University where he is a senior this year.

The first photo below was taken in 1994 when Charley was 2. The next was taken in 1997 when he was 5. The current photo was taken two weeks ago (he's 22 now). All the best.

Chip



[url=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/chipbeck/media/C444-2.jpg.html]

[url=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/chipbeck/media/201412.jpg.html]
 
ae507afb854e141bcc3e77528175f6de.jpg
 
Justin and I took our MSF course together a few years ago. He is a much better rider, at least at slower speeds, than am I. He was mad when we traded our CBRs for a CB and a CTX, but we're working on an old CX500 together which will be his bike if we get it working. If we don't, we will sell it and find something he likes. We're planning to take a long ride this summer together.

bee4c817cff1b6a72d0b76550032e79a.jpg


b4700c33b6d096390944ce33ebe16320.jpg


d390f1a7d839cb8abc89d3f9df6aad09.jpg


He does like my CB1100, though.

f6ea1772eba7764b71b79a7d26849599.jpg
 
Chip, your son all grown up looks like a young Loris Capirossi in that picture.

Google
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Chip, your son all grown up looks like a young Loris Capirossi in that picture.

Google
Now that you mention it he kind of does. I wish he had his riding skills. I've see you post some photos riding with your son Mickey, put one of your favorites up here.

Chip
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Justin and I took our MSF course together a few years ago. He is a much better rider, at least at slower speeds, than am I. He was mad when we traded our CBRs for a CB and a CTX, but we're working on an old CX500 together which will be his bike if we get it working. If we don't, we will sell it and find something he likes. We're planning to take a long ride this summer together.

bee4c817cff1b6a72d0b76550032e79a.jpg


b4700c33b6d096390944ce33ebe16320.jpg


d390f1a7d839cb8abc89d3f9df6aad09.jpg


He does like my CB1100, though.

f6ea1772eba7764b71b79a7d26849599.jpg
Will he ever be allowed on it again?
 
Back
Top