Fatbars

Caferacer_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I’ve just got a CB 1100rs and I’ve fallen madly in love. I would like to change the bars to a set of renthal fatbars but I’m wondering can I do this without changing cables and such, if I do it sounds like it would be too much expense. If anyone has any information it would be appreciated.
 
I don't know, but OEM bars are 7/8"
 
I think Fatbars are aluminum... thicker in the middle (1 1/8") where they clamp tapering to 7/8 at the controls.
 
Fat bars from renthal are identical to "tapered " handlebars according to the renthal website, it appears they are lower than the standard bars on the cb1100, you would therefore have a more forward position which puts more pressure on your wrists in speeds below 70 km/H
They come standard on my cb1000r and feel a bit less flexible but that is probably subjective given the force i apply to them, they are of course more forward leaning with forementioned results which makes city traffic less pleasant depending on your age, they also require a new set of flexible handlebar mounts as i understand it, have a matte finish and seem wider than our bars, at 800 mm., i had a similar shape bars on another bike, wider, lower and a different angle, i could not get used to them, tried to make them shorter and after looking at several other unsuitable handlebars finally found a pair of used cb1300 bars which are identical to the ones on the cb1100 and i am very happy with them now.

We wonder what the motivation behind the change is and what dimensions you had in mind with respect to cable length etc., in other words; tell us the story.

In the meantime congrats with the new bike, we all understand the euphoria all too well and like to hear more of your plans.
 
My bike has Protaper SE Carmichael bars. I like the light feel at high speed and heavy feel at low speed. The lower rise is nice with a small windscreen.
 
active1951_imp said:
My bike has Protaper SE Carmichael bars. I like the light feel at high speed and heavy feel at low speed. The lower rise is nice with a small windscreen.
What adapters did you use for the mounts? Can you post a few pics?
 
DBM_imp said:
active1951_imp said:
My bike has Protaper SE Carmichael bars. I like the light feel at high speed and heavy feel at low speed. The lower rise is nice with a small windscreen.
What adapters did you use for the mounts? Can you post a few pics?
What adapters did you use for the mounts? Can you post a few pics?
I was lucky, bike came with bars.
Will try to load pics.
File to big, I will try something different.
 
DBM_imp said:
active1951_imp said:
My bike has Protaper SE Carmichael bars. I like the light feel at high speed and heavy feel at low speed. The lower rise is nice with a small windscreen.
What adapters did you use for the mounts? Can you post a few pics?
What adapters did you use for the mounts? Can you post a few pics?
pics
 
active1951_imp said:
DBM_imp said:
active1951_imp said:
My bike has Protaper SE Carmichael bars. I like the light feel at high speed and heavy feel at low speed. The lower rise is nice with a small windscreen.
What adapters did you use for the mounts? Can you post a few pics?
What adapters did you use for the mounts? Can you post a few pics?
pics
What adapters did you use for the mounts? Can you post a few pics?
pics
The Pro Taper Carmichael bars is the way I went but with the 1 1/8 to 7/8 low rise extra wide with the 1 1/8" bar clamp. Love them. The wider grip, wider bar and longer bar helps. And since they fit 7/8" at the ends you don't have to change all your controls..
 
Back
Top