Family first

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
423b8f7d21f8c0274dfe3a7a878369b0.jpg


Nephew Rog just picked up the first Husqvarna in the family. A Svartpilen 701

We've had Harley's and Indians, Triumphs, BSA's, BMW's, Moto Guzzi's, Ducati's, KTM's, Hondas, Yamahas, Kawasakis, Suzukis, Sears, an Aermacchi even a Mad A** lol

.... And now a Husky.
 
Cool! I dig those. How’s he liking it? Sat on one at the local dealer recently. Quirky but neato.
 
Thread starter
He likes it so far. Says its light and quick. His other bike is an NC 750 so this is bound to feel quick lol. He was considering a CB 1000 but his local dealer or Husky? dropped the price on the Svartpilen so he went for it.
 
good pick. the 701/690 models are the ones that were made in Austria instead of India...supposedly the whole build quality is worlds apart from the 401/390 models.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
What does your ZZ Top brother ride?
:rofl:

2016 Triumph Bonneville T-120
 
Thread starter
It's certainly different GO
 
Really cool bike! If I "needed" another bike, I'd have one of those. Good that he grabbed one; I understand they have been discontinued.
 
Ferret, just of of curiosity, how many bikes does your whole family, close and distant, really have ?
 
Thread starter
Well, let me think, we have a few lol

Honda CB1100 me
Honda NC750X me
Yamaha MT 10 son
Ducati 696 Monster son
(2) Yamaha TTR-50's (the grand son's)
Triumph T-120 brother
Moto Guzzi V7 111 Ohio nephew
Husky Svarpilen 701 Nevada nephew
Honda NC 700X Nevada nephew
Honda TLR 250 Nevada nephew
KTM 390 Duke Nevada nephew's son
KTM 690 Duke Ohio nephew's son
Triumph T-100 son's step father
another Honda NC 750X son's step father
Triumph T-120 Black (and he's looking to pick up an Indian bagger) nephew by marriage

so at this time 16?

Oh and we have a couple of quads..one Honda (me) one Yamaha (son) and one Yamaha (brother)
 
Thread starter
Well my mom and dad who both rode died (their last bikes were a Moto Guzzi 125 Stornelo and a Yamaha U7E). My older brother who rode died (Honda Goldwing and Harley Davidson Sportster). My older sister (80) quit riding (Honda CB 160). My wife (69) quit riding (Yamaha 400 Majesty). My son's wife quit riding (Kawasaki Ninja 300) to raise their kids. Her mom (64) quit riding (Suzuki 650 Burgman), and her one cousin quit riding (Suzuki DRZ 400).

I think at this time we have 11 members of the family that ride, and this will be the 13th year for the annual family Men's Fall Trip where about half of us take an out of state trip together on motorcycles.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Well my mom and dad who both rode died (their last bikes were a Moto Guzzi 125 Stornelo and a Yamaha U7E). My older brother who rode died (Honda Goldwing and Harley Davidson Sportster). My older sister (80) quit riding (Honda CB 160). My wife (69) quit riding (Yamaha 400 Majesty). My son's wife quit riding (Kawasaki Ninja 300) to raise their kids. Her mom (64) quit riding (Suzuki 650 Burgman), and her one cousin quit riding (Suzuki DRZ 400).

I think at this time we have 11 members of the family that ride, and this will be the 13th year for the annual family Men's Fall Trip where about half of us take an out of state trip together on motorcycles.
Incredibly sharp memory for models of motorcycles and when they were used. :beerchug:
 
That is remarkable ferret having a family of riders, and archers too I'll bet. My younger brother and I are the first and only riders in our family. My brother started racing motocross at 14 and I was his race bike toter in a Chevy P/U and mechanic. My late father told us we were crazy to be riding those "death" machines and our 92 years young mother still worries if we come to visit on our bikes.
 
Thread starter
If you are born into this family you are expected to love bows and bikes lol.

I tried to quit riding once, after an accident in 1969 when I t Boned a left hand turner on my 305 Scrambler. I was 19. It was my mom that convinced me to get back on. She told me I would regret it if I gave up riding since I loved it so much. Ridden about every day since lol
 
Back
Top